Re: [THAC XII] Umbrella Umbrage

This was just delightful. It reminds me of a Pixar short. The use of the Parisian Restaurant set is great here, and the one-shot take is impressive for THAC. The plot and idea is simple, but executed with fun animation and details that go the extra mile (like the lights from the passing cars. You didn't have to do them, but they added so much more). I was very charmed by the animation of the umbrella. The animation of the figures generally was good, though I thought the animation of him falling over was a bit too abrupt. Also I think Smeagol's suggestions for better rain are good.

Nathan Wells wrote:

This was just delightful. It reminds me of a Pixar short.

Thanks, Nathan! I was definitely inspired by Pixar. One Pixar short in particular that I used to watch over and over again was Geri's Game, which is also where I got the music from.

The animation of the figures generally was good, though I thought the animation of him falling over was a bit too abrupt.

Ah yes, I see what you mean. I definitely want to practice animating a lot so I can improve before starting my next project. 

I appreciate the feedback, thanks! mini/smile

I can't really add anything that hasn't already been mentioned, but I wanted to say that I really enjoyed this entry.

I hope to see more brickfilms from you this year. mini/smile

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8625/16037138950_5eeda635ce_o.png

Great little film. What did you shoot this on.

The passing lights for the cars is very clever

Keep up the good work

jfdorr wrote:

Great little film. What did you shoot this on.

The passing lights for the cars is very clever

Keep up the good work

Thanks! I shot this on a LogitechC920 using iStopmotion.