Topic: 2015 NEWPORT BEACH FILM FESTIVAL NOW OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS!

Celebrating its 16th year, the Newport Beach Film Festival is now open for submissions!

Named one of the “Top Film Festivals Worth the Entry Fee” by MovieMaker Magazine for five years running, the Newport Beach Film Festival will run from April 23rd to April 30th, 2015.

Enter your film now through Withoutabox or FilmFreeway

For more information, visit www.NewportBeachFilmFest.com

NBFF's Animation Fascination shorts program features short films from around the world including CGI, stop-motion and hand-drawn animation. Recent films included Academy Award-nominated Bill Plympton's Cheatin' and 2014 Oscar winner Mr. Hublot.

Re: 2015 NEWPORT BEACH FILM FESTIVAL NOW OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS!

I'm going to move this to Contests & Festivals

Just a few things for members to consider from the Q&A:

Q: What are your submission deadlines and prices?

August 1: Open for Submissions

Autumn Deadline: September 19 (Short $35/Feature $40)

...(other early deadline prices)...

Youth Film Showcase (18 & under): $10

Music Video: $20

Student (w/ valid college ID): $20

...(other details)...

Q: What are your submission categories and how do I choose the right one for my film?

A: The Festival categorizes a short film as anything less than 40 minutes and a feature as anything 40 minutes or more.

...(bunch of categories)...

· Youth – a film (10 minutes or under) created by a filmmaker currently enrolled in grades K-12 as of April 2014. Filmmakers may submit as an individual or in a group.

...(other details)...

Q: Does my film have to be a world premiere to get accepted?

A: No, the Festival has no restrictions on premiere status. However, films that have been televised, available for purchase on DVD or presented online are not eligible for consideration, with the exception of Music Videos. Please consult our Submission Guidelines for a full explanation of film eligibility.

I have seen youth short programs at the Seattle International Film Festival and I know that many of the youth here could submit films that would have competitive quality, and if anyone is in California there is nothing like seeing your film get watched in a packed theater.

SlothPaladin wrote:

I have seen youth short programs at the Seattle International Film Festival and I know that many of the youth here could submit films that would have competitive quality, and if anyone is in California there is nothing like seeing your film get watched in a packed theater.

I've had similar experiences as far as seeing what gets into film festivals, I definitely encourage people here to submit to festivals that are interested.

Thank you for sharing this with us, Newport Beach Film Festival!

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

I live right next to Newport, and I actually to this went last year.

Seriously guys, its pretty good. They have some great guest speakers, often feature some pretty good films, and its not really plagued with crowds and massive amounts of people.

no more brickfilming *sad face*.

Newport Beach Film Festival’s Autumn Deadline Approaching!

The 2015 Newport Beach Film Festival will spotlight over 350 films from around the world, including short and feature length narrative, documentary, animated and student films that will compete for a series of Jury, Festival Honors and Audience Awards.
In addition to film screenings, the Festival hosts premiere galas, question and answer sessions with filmmakers, and an industry seminar series with topics that range from screenwriting and directing to editing and film music.

NBFF's Animation Fascination shorts program features short films from around the world including CGI, stop-motion and hand-drawn animation. Recent films included Academy Award-nominated Bill Plympton's Cheatin' and 2014 Oscar winner Mr. Hublot.

AUTUMN DEADLINE – SEPTEMBER 19

FEATURES: $40
SHORTS: $35

The 2015 Newport Beach Film Festival will run from April 23rd to April 30th, 2015.

The NBFF Early Bird Deadline is fast approaching! Enter your film now to be part of the 2015 Newport Beach Film Festival! Start off your summer early in one of California’s top destinations, the beautiful coastline city of Newport Beach. Located within driving distance of Hollywood, the Festival hosts a large contingent of film industry professionals and creates an environment where filmmakers have the opportunity to interact personally with the best of the business.

EARLY BIRD Deadline is OCTOBER 24th.

FEATURES: $45
SHORTS: $40

The Festival will run from April 23rd to April 30th, 2015.

Visit www.NewportBeachFilmFest.com to submit!

The NBFF Thanksgiving Special is almost over!

The 2015 Newport Beach Film Festival will spotlight over 350 films from over 50 different countries, including short and feature length narrative, documentary, animated and student films. In addition to film screenings, the Festival hosts premiere galas, question and answer sessions with filmmakers, and an industry seminar series whose past participants have included Aaron Sorkin (The Social Network), Linda Woolverton (Beauty and the Beast), John Lee Hancock (Saving Mr. Banks), and Joe Walker (12 Years a Slave).

THANKSGIVING SPECIAL ends NOVEMBER 21st.

FEATURES: $60
SHORTS: $50

Enter your film now for the chance to be part of the 2015 Newport Beach Film Festival!

Enter your film today to be a part of the 2015 Newport Beach Film Festival! The Newport Beach Film Festival regular deadline is DECEMBER 19th.

During the week of the festival, Newport Beach Festival hosts over fifteen special events and mixers, including our intimate Sunset Series receptions for filmmakers, that offer the opportunity to meet fellow filmmakers and industry professionals.

FEATURE FILM: $65
SHORT FILM: $55

DEADLINE TO SUBMIT TO THE NEWPORT BEACH FILM FESTIVAL!

Our final deadline for submissions to the Newport Beach Film Festival is JANUARY 30, 2015. Enter now through Withoutabox or FilmFreeway!

FEATURES: $75
SHORTS: $65

Enter by visiting our website: www.NewportBeachFilmFestival.com

Do you have to pay to enter?

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.

tgb wrote:

Do you have to pay to enter?

Yes, indeed you do. The entry fees were listed in the post right above yours:

Newport wrote:

FEATURES: $75
SHORTS: $65

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Okay, thanks.

Is there any other contests I could enter?

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.

SlothPaladin wrote:

Q: What are your submission deadlines and prices?

August 1: Open for Submissions

Autumn Deadline: September 19 (Short $35/Feature $40)

...(other early deadline prices)...

The only two remaining deadline prices are quite steep.

Final Deadline: January 30 (Short $65/Feature $75/Collegiate and Music Video $25)
Extended WAB Deadline: February 6 (Short $80/Feature $100)
mini/eek

http://orig13.deviantart.net/3968/f/2017/197/d/c/faaf_logo_4_1_by_orignl_ninja_knight-dbglsld.png

Back by demand!  The Newport Beach Film Festival’s extended Withoutabox deadline is coming up fast! Enter by FEBRUARY 6th  for a chance to be a part of the 2015 Festival!

For more information, visit our website at www.NewportBeachFilmFestival.com.