Topic: Keep Going

Directory Link

Keep Going

YouTube

A brickfilm I was commissioned to make for The School of Life YouTube channel, about the pratfalls of perfectionism.

Re: Keep Going

Very good. The idea behind the video was great and very motivational. Also the animation was superb. It's definitely got the LEGO Movie style to it while being very smooth. Also the lighting and sets were done so well.

Wow amazing.

Life is like a box of LEGO, you never know what you're gonna build. - mrgraff

As someone who is a perfectionist to a "T," I really loved the message in this video. Life is truly a lot better when you allow yourself to make mistakes and not be perfect. I really hope to see more of these School of Life brickfilms.

On a technical note, I really loved the transition shots, but especially the one from the bench to the bed. Also various bits of animation, such as the leap out of bed, the banging of fists, and wiping the face. One thing in particular I noted about the leap out of bed is that he leaps out with such energy, and it seems to drain just a little bit as he approaches the door. I won't say that's necessarily a bad thing, because I get moments where I'm super pumped to get something done, but my energy starts to drain just as I'm getting to the proverbial door, before I've even started. To me, he was having one of those moments.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

This is an excellent film, Zach! It provides some great life inspiration as well as inspiration to achieve excellence in brickfilming. I'm sure I'll find myself watching this several more times this evening and in the years to come.

That was beautiful and touching.
I was absolutely floored after watching this.
It is so rare that a brickfilm can have a thought provoking message.
It's also very unusual that a brickfilm can invoke an emotional response out of the viewer.

This film is truly a diamond in the rough.

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG

Really nice, I especially liked the animation when he first gets out of bed, that was super sweet. mini/smile

Wow. I loved it, and I pretty much ditto everyone here. Very profound message, and your animation is pure eye candy as usual. mini/smile

Really loved the animation in this one, great as always. That dolly shot where he hops out of bed, and runs - how can it possibly be so deliciously crisp? The message is also particularly relevant to all of us here, thank you for sharing.

mini/smile

Really good animation all around here.  And I really liked the message.

Usually when I brickfilm, when things are coming together it tends to work out better than I thought it would.  But for things like drawing, which I don't do quite as well, it's good to have some inspiration to keep working at it.

A brilliant piece of work. The animation was great, and the visuals were stunning.

I also really like the story (IDK if you came up with it or not, but it's still great), and think it especially applies to brickfilming.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Loved it! Loved the message it conveys! mini/smile

When I first glanced at the title in the Releases forum, I thought it was another gritty thriller short at first. But, I soon realized that it's something even better. There are the little touches. The subtle changes in frame rate, the wobbling of the smaller pieces, the minifigure's [usually] restricted body movements that you've brought to life so well. And then, there's the message. I love the message, it's great, and I feel like I should adhere to it more often than I usually do. Really enjoyed your work, Zach.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Beautifully animated Zach, very impressive work her.  I really liked how you did the transition form the bench scene to the bed at night.  Was it shot optically or done in post?  or both?

Great Animation and Great Story.:)

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.

The soundtrack really added a lot to this. Great job! mini/smile

Woodrow Village Films
youtube.com/woodrowvillage

Beautiful, accomplished, elegant. Perfect.

Kicking the bed sheets, the tower collapsing, the time lapse, the wobble of the flag pole, the transitions to and out of the bench. All so perfect.

Youtube

my dad doesn't want me to brickfilm on because it's his computer, but he's not home right now at the moment.
-FilmyGuy1

This was very inspiring! I don't want to repeat exactly what everyone else has said but the animation,music, transitions, and message was great! mini/bigsmile

Pretty much nothing else to add to it, but just wanted to let you know I enjoyed it and loved the animation!

Twitter | Instagram | YouTube Channel | Tumblr | My Weekly Film Podcast!
"For I am NOT ashamed of the Gospel of Christ" - Romans 1:16

Damn it.  I was going to postpone working on my 4 month project.

Now I'm going to have stop procrastinating and just keep going.   mini/sad

mini/smile

Aka Fox
Youtube: My channel   Twitter: @animationantics
Best brick films: My selection