Topic: LEGO Duck Dynasty Easter Special Trailer

Directory Link

LEGO Duck Dynasty Easter Special Trailer

LINK

Happy Easter from thefourmonkeys! @(^_^)@

Entry in 2015 BIM Easter brickfilming contest.

Re: LEGO Duck Dynasty Easter Special Trailer

Loved it!

I really liked the animation and camera movements.  Adding a LEGO leaf piece or two, would have made the ground a little less plain though.  Overall good job.  It's one of the best Easter entries I've seen yet.

Oh wow. Poor Duck Dynasty...

Very nice animation and camera movement, and good luck in the contest!

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

Good job, fourmonkeys! I never watched Duck Dynasty, so I don't completely understand the references you threw in there, but I did enjoy your short. All of the technical aspects were well done. My only gripe is the digital camera movements and zooms, they tend to look unrealistic and/or pixelate the images. However, I do like how you made you film look like a movie trailer, that was neat.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

First, I have a bias against Duck Dynasty, but one that still feels it odd to kill and maim the stars in odd ways.
So yeah, I went into this with mixed feelings.

Now, it would have been slightly better and more original feeling had Saturday Night Live not just done their Bambi spoof. I know people often come up with ideas on their own, only to find somebody else has already done it, but nevertheless it did hurt the score some.

Anyway,
You do a good job with telling enough of the story, yet still keeping the chapped-up trailer feel, so that the audience understands where you are going, yet leaves wanting to see more. I loved the sword shot, not only is the animation perfectly smooth, but timed for optimal comedic success. As for the other shots, yours had some of the better animation, though I feel the voice over didn't work quite as well as intended.

It's a solid entry, and carries with it your usual high-quality animation and sets. Just maybe not quite to my story tastes.

I don't know anything about Duck Dynasty, except for the promotional phrase "The Beards Are Back", used a few years ago. But, the animation was pretty smooth, as usual. I still think I liked your "chocolate bunny" entry, from a few years prior, but you monkeys did a good job, overall!

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Nice work! That tumbling katana slash was really fluid, I had to actually go back and watch it a few times to see how you guys did it.