Topic: Easter 2015

Directory Link

Easter 2015

Youtube

The story of a town. Made for Easter 2015.

This world is a dark place. One day I will see my Savior face to face.
My Youtube

Re: Easter 2015

Nice work on this, though I feel this film had a lot of potential it didn't quite fulfill. The sets and lighting are really nicely done, but I think it was let down by the sound design. It felt a bit empty for reasons I can't quite put my finger on and didn't match the drama of the visuals. Perhaps a simple underlying score would have helped. The delivery of the narration also could've done with slower pacing (though that's more a result of the restraints of Easter)

Good job, Osomstudios. I like the film overall, the animation was nice, so was the lighting and visuals. I personally think the voice acting did not fit. A deeper, rough, and worn voice may have worked better (if it was supposed to be the prisoner narrating). The microscale town was also great. Good film.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

CheesyBricks, Thanks so much. That was really helpful. I think my sound design did really suffer, partly because of time restraints and partly because it is my weakest point. Appreciate the help with that. I'm glad you liked the visuals.

rioforce, thanks a ton. This was really helpful. Next time I'll try harder to get a better voice actor. And I'm realy glad you liked the film!

Thanks so much for the encouraging words and helpful critiques!
OsomStudios

My Youtube

You had some great lighting set ups, and that really helped sell the feel that you were aiming at. The sets were well designed, and again, complemented the plot. There wasn't much animation, but the little was done well. The chains falling away lead to some nice symbolism, and I liked the shot of finding the Bible half-buried in the dirt, but the narrator could have been better, and the story felt cut off and rushed.

It was a good concept, one that was Biblically-based without actually telling the Resurrection story, but one that just didn't come together as it could have.

I like the concept of this - not doing a "Resurrection-story-in-20-seconds" film - it was more original. Weirdly enough, it reminded me very much of the Bibleman intro. mini/tongue

Thanks a ton guys for all the great comments, and helpful critiques.

Pritchard Studios, thanks a ton for the helpful critique. I'll work harder on the sound next time. Glad you liked the concept and lighting. I'm always trying to get my stories better, so it's really helpful when people tell me how I could improve. Thanks a ton.

Mighty Wanderer, thanks a ton. I remember that show... mini/tongue .

thanks a ton, guys, for all the great comments and helpful critiques.

osomstudios

My Youtube