Topic: New Script I'm Writing.

So I'm making a film for someone and I decided to make it a  medieval themed film.  I wrote part of the script and started filming a little bit.  I would like opinions on this so please post!  Thanks!

Open with green hills and trees.  Jim walks in and starts explaining things (he's the narrator).

Narrator:  This is a story of a young man who saved his kingdom.  With his heart set on fame and fortune, he soon realized that he had to fight for everything the kingdom stood for or lose it all to the wicked wizard.

The scene moves to a nearby blacksmith shop.  The apprentice is working till an messenger rides in announcing the princess has been captured.  The young man and his friends will then soon set out to rescue the princess after many failed attempts from other knights. 

Chapter 1:

Busy village.  Camera moves toward black smith shop.  Scene shows Brian working on a sword.  Suddenly a messenger rides up. 

"Hear ye!  Hear ye!  The lovely daughter of our king Sir Thatch has been kidnapped!  Our King decided to give fame and fortune to any worthy young man to rescue his daughter from the evil wizard Zar, and return her safe to him.  Sincerely Sir Thatch king of Ninjacata.  Good luck."

Messenger rides out of the village.  Scott and Jason come into the black smith shop. 

Jason: Brian!  Do you hear what he said?  We could find the princess and become rich! 

Brian:  I heard Jason.  Did you forget the part though that there is a wizard!  We don't stand a chance!

Scott:  Come on Brian!  I did research on this guy at the library.  To win over magic you use magic!  All we have to do is get the gold sword!

Brian:  Gold sword?  The gold sword!  Only the masked man in the woods knows where it lies!  Didn't you hear the rumors about that forest?  Apparently there is a lion who eats every living thing!

Scott:  Stop worrying about it!  We can get to the masked man.

Brain pauses thinks then turns. 

Brian:  Alright, what about training with weapons?  We aren't knights.

Jason:  We'll figure that out later, but lets give it a shot!  Imagine all the fame and fortune we can own!

Brian:  (Thinks), Fine we'll leave tonight, but if anything goes wrong its your fault Scott. . .

(Fads to Black)
---------
Narrator: That night Brian, Jason, and Scott followed a small wagon of knights and peasants heading to King Thatch till the evil wizard Zar notices our heroes.

Scene shows large castle with a wizard working on a project.

Zar: No! No! No!  The prophecy is coming true!  A worthy young man is going to slay me and take the princess!  This cannot be so!  Cyclone! 

Cyclone:  Yes master?

Zar:  Take some knights and destroy all peasants in or around the prophesied village!  We must end this peasant before he finds me!

Cyclone: Yes overlord, it will be done.

(Leaves room)

Zar:  Soon the whole kingdom will be mine and the chosen one will perish.  Now onto phase two of my plans, but I will need some expendable men. . .

Brian:  Once we get to the castle, we can ask the king to lend us some gear to go on our quest. 

Jason: Sounds like a plan.  The king is so desperate he'll give out armor to brave knights or peasants to rescue his daughter.

Narrator:  Suddenly the train stopped at a fallen tree. 

Guard 1:  Hey!  This tree wasn't here this mornin!  Peasants move this tree out of the way!

Narrator:  As soon as the guard spoke evil dragon knights ambushed the knights and our brave heroes. . .

Guard 2:  Where under attack!  Fall back into the woods! 

Brain, Scott, and Jason run into the woods and trip and fall into a hole.  In the hole they can hear the Dragon Knights.

Dragon Knight 1:  The knights are dead, but those peasants are still missing!

Dragon Knight 2:  Leave them!  We need to destroy the village before dawn!  Come!

Knights leave.

Brian:  Jason its all your fault! 

Scott:  Hey!  Don't blame me!

Brian:  Well maybe. . .

Jason:  Guys!  Listen! 

Narrator:  Suddenly our heroes hear movement in the bushes.  After climbing out of the hole, the thing in the woods draws closer. . .

Brian:  Guys I think were dead meat. 

Narrator:  Then suddenly a small white cat appears.

Scott:  That's the lion?   What!

Narrator:  Suddenly our heroes where ambushed by the masked man and things became very dark. . .

Narrator:  With our heroes in the enchanted forest, the Evil Wizard Zar had begun plans of taking over the Lion Kingdom in a daring move. . .

Fads in. . .

Camera shows a small dirt path in the forest with some knights and King Thatch.

Sir Thatch:  Come on Alex!  We need to the mountains to the gathering army!

Alex:  Sir, the mountains are across the valley.  It will take time to get there.

Sir Thatch:  The faster we go, the safer I am from that wizard!
Also I can lead our armies to victory!

Alex:  Sounds good sir. . .

Narrator: Suddenly a small army of skeletons ambush the small party of the king. 

Alex:  King!  Take cover! 

Fight erupts, and during battle king is taken and thrown in a jail carriage.  And is taken as knights run in. 

Camera faces Alex.

Alex:  These are dark times for the kingdom. . .

Fads into darkness . . .

Narrator: In the enchanted forest Brian and the others wake up at the base of a large tree.  Around them is a small camp full of knights! In the sun Brian looks up and sees the masked man. . .

Ninja:  Greetings young one.  I see you evaded those dragon knights.

Brian:  Who are you?  And where an where am I?

Ninja:  Patience.  You are with the Crown. 

Brian:  The Crown?  The legendary Crown?  They saved the kingdom many moons ago!  Their not just a legend?

Ninja:  Far from it my friend.  We have brought you here not to talk.  We brought you here because you're the chosen one to save the kingdom.

Brian:  Save the kingdom?  I'm sorry, me and my companions where just trying to save the princess!  Not the entire kingdom!

Ninja:  Your destained for great things young one.  Not just to save the kingdom.  Your questions will be answered, but time is short.  We must prepare to save everyone.  This is not another fairy tale to save the princess.

Brian:  Ok, what will you do with me and my friends to save the kingdom?

Ninja turned

Ninja:  We shall make you the ones who defeat the Great Wizard Zar. . .

Fades

Narrator: Far away in the wizard's fortress the dragon knights dragged the king into the wizard. 

Zar: My good friend. The king of the lions! 

Thatch:  Hello Zar.  I see you made yourself comfortable with these stupid trolls.

Trolls react in back.

Zar: Easy my friend.  Trolls don't take kindly to insults.  Especially lion knights.

Thatch:  You shall fail Zar.  Tricking my armies in moving to the mountains to attack your fake skeleton army is a big mistake. 
My knights will come back and destroy you.

Wizard laughs.

Zar:  Your knights have been trapped outside the valley.  It will take at least a week or more to get through Fire Mountain!  By the time they get here my army of the dead will be so large they can not win!

Thatch:  Your insane Zar!  Messing with dark magic will destroy you!  Your wickedness will be your downfall!

Zar:  On the contrary my friend.  It will destroy you and your beautiful daughter to only grow my powers.  Once my fear rules over the villages, the peasants will subject into my rule and become my personal slaves.

King:  My kingdom will never allow it!

Wizard turns his back

Zar:  Take him away!  I don't want to see him till the sacrifice. 

King is dragged out.

Fads out.

Scene opens to a bright morning in the enchanted forest.  Brian, Scott, and Jason are lined up for training. 

Sid:  Welcome chosen one and friends.  I am Sir Sid.  I will supervise your training, but before we get started, Brian has to train ALONE.

Scott:  Wait a sec.  Where here no mat. .

Brian:  Scott, its ok.  You and Jason go train elsewhere.  I'll be fine.  The faster we train, the better.

Jason and Scott nod and walk off with another knight.  Brain watches them walk off, then turns.

Brian:  So where do we start.

Scene fads out and in to another scene. 

Sid:  Your task is to fire this bow and arrow to its exact target.  Your goal is to hit the target dead center. (Fires an arrow. ) We will try once a day till you succeed.  Ready?

Brian:  Ok. . .

Brian picks up arrow and tries to aim then misses target. 

Sid:  Next session. . .

Brian:  What?  I didn't even hit the target!

Sid:  You only get one shot.  Now go.

Fads in and out.

Alex: You must fight the wizard with a sword.  For this exercise you must take you opponent to the floor, then 'kill' him.  Put the gear on and let us begin.

Scene switches to Alex with gear on.  Camera turns to show Brian with gear.  Both meet in the center , then Sid starts the fight.  Brian loses almost instantly. 

Alex:  You must try harder.  We will work on these two courses with the arrow and the sword till you succeed. 

Camera fads into a night scene with the camp.  Brian walks off alone into the forest muttering to himself. 

Brian:  Scott and Jason train over and over while I get once a day!  How do they expect me to fight the wizard, if I can't even learn to fight.

Brian jumps as the Ninja and Cat appear. 

Ninja:  Sorry my friend.  I heard you talking and I figured you where either crazy or frustrated.

Brian:  Thanks for the compliment. 

Ninja:  Brian, your going about your training all wrong.  Stop complaining and practice.  Words cannot help you train. 

Brian:  I know that!  I don't have anyone or thing to train with! 

Ninja: You don't need someone to train with, but against.  Going against the wizard will not be as easy as going against Sir Alex.  You will need faith more than your sword.

Brian:  Then could you teach me?  I need help.

Ninja stares, then nodes.  Very well.  I will teach you in a small cave the the far side of the hill.  Come with gear tomorrow night.  Every night we will train over and over till you can do it without even thinking. . .

Screen fades to black. 

Narrator:  Over the next week, our heroes trained.  Soon that will change. . .

Zar:  Finally, I found you chosen one.  Cyclone!  Troll King! 

King and Cyclone appear.

Zar:  Take are armies and raid the enchanted forest.  Find all those who are opposing and bring them here. 

Both respond :  Yes master.

Both leave

Zar:  This rebellion will soon be crushed.  The Crown will be captured and no more in three days.  I waited 20 years for this moment.  I can wait a bit longer. . .

Fads.

Narrator:  Our heroes trained and were pretty good nights.  Till soon our heroes and the Crown run into trouble. . .

Scene opens with forest and camp.  Ninja is talking with Brian till alarm sounds.

Brian:  Thanks for training me Ninja. 

Ninja:  No problem my friend. . .

Alarm sounds

Ninja:  No!  The wizard has found us!  Brian!  Take most of the Crown and leave!  I'll hold them off with the left overs!

Brian:  Ninja!  You can't!  I. . .

Ninja:  Theres no time!  Go now!  If your captured our hope is gone!  Go!

Brian Runs with others and scene switches to troll king, witch, and Dragon Knights walking through the forest.  Scene shows two archers in the trees firing down on the knights.  Knights fire the catapult.  Knights scatter.  Ninja and some knights charge the small army.  Witch uses magic to capture other knights. 
Scene shows Brian turning and trying to go back, until his friends stop him and the scene fades.

Scene opens with a small fire and our three heroes.

Scott:  Its hopeless.  With our mentors gone and our army scattered, we don't stand a chance!

Jason:  We should leave, before we all die!

Enjoy simple Brick film animations that are clean and somewhat humorless on my Youtube channel.  If you want to contact me please email me any questions you have that are related to brick films.  my email is [email protected].  Also, please subscribe to my channel for fun videos!  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChaHz_ … xT0vyuYRiw