Topic: chroma key suggestions

Is there anyone who uses green screening regularly and who could share some of their tips.  I'm having uneven results so perhaps some ideas on lighting placement, how many lights,  etc would be of help.  I did some tests over the weekend and had issues getting a clean plate.  I used green bricks to hold my items up and you could see part of them because I was getting uneven lighting.  Appreciate it.  .

Re: chroma key suggestions

Get the screen as far away from the minifig as you can, like multiple feet, and use a telephoto lens with wide focus so you don't have to deal with  blurred lines, like f16 or f22. Make sure the screen is lit separate from the forground and most importantly, avoid it at all costs.

SlothPaladin wrote:

...avoid it at all costs.

Sooooo trrruuueee. If you can, projected backgrounds are a pretty good alternative, and allow for a much smoother and cleaner result. If you have an iPad or other tablet of some sort, use that.

GHB wrote:
SlothPaladin wrote:

Sooooo trrruuueee. If you can, projected backgrounds are a pretty good alternative, and allow for a much smoother and cleaner result. If you have an iPad or other tablet of some sort, use that.

I only want to use it for minor things.  I actually printed out a back ground for the film I'm working on now. $2 at Kinkos is well worth the saved time imo. The screen idea is a great idea though. I will use my monitor which is closeby anyway so thanks for that.

xxgbhxx wrote:
GHB wrote:
SlothPaladin wrote:

I only want to use it for minor things.  I actually printed out a back ground for the film I'm working on now. $2 at Kinkos is well worth the saved time imo. The screen idea is a great idea though. I will use my monitor which is closeby anyway so thanks for that.

Works too. mini/wink