Topic: Storm

Directory Link

Storm

Youtube

So, I had the footage for this lying around on my iPod for nine months, so I decided to stop staring at it and put it to some good use. I realize the quality isn't the greatest, as I was filming with my iPod, and it didn't come out exactly the way I wanted, but this really was just a practice in sound editing and also creating some realistic atmospheres with it as well. So with that, I hope ya'll enjoy!

Re: Storm

Very nice! I liked the story.

Animation was very good, much better than I was expecting. The set was good, very simplistic, but for the story it need to be. Sound design was also good, however, lighting was probably the best other than your animation. You matched the different times of day well and I especially liked the lightning flashes, they felt very realistic.

I do feel, however, that the beginning was a little too quiet. I understand that's probably the tone you were looking for, but it was so quiet and uninteresting, I almost skipped to the end of the video to see what happens. Having the character do more throughout the day might have helped, even though it probably wasn't what you were going for.

Rating: 7/10

LMDigitalMovies wrote:

Very nice! I liked the story.

Animation was very good, much better than I was expecting. The set was good, very simplistic, but for the story it need to be. Sound design was also good, however, lighting was probably the best other than your animation. You matched the different times of day well and I especially liked the lightning flashes, they felt very realistic.

I do feel, however, that the beginning was a little too quiet. I understand that's probably the tone you were looking for, but it was so quiet and uninteresting, I almost skipped to the end of the video to see what happens. Having the character do more throughout the day might have helped, even though it probably wasn't what you were going for.

Rating: 7/10

You're completely right. I mean, that was what I was going for, but I do realize now I could have had him doing a bit more than just turning his head or moving his arms every now and then. Thanks for the critique as well as the compliments! They mean lots!

You did that on your iPod? That's better than my ones with an actual camera! mini/smile

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.

I agree with several previous comments... regarding the sound before the "event", and that the footage looks really good. I'm not familiar with iPod specs but clearly it can work well.

I think it's valuable experience to finish projects you start--even if there are some minor issues. Keep up the good work.

Woodrow Village Films
youtube.com/woodrowvillage