Topic: BRAWL 2015: The Forest Rescue

Directory Link

The Forest Rescue

Youtube

My BRAWL 2015 Entry. A band of knights must save their leader from an enemy prison cart.

Last edited by Willco66 (July 25, 2015 (04:31pm))

Re: BRAWL 2015: The Forest Rescue

I'm not entirely sure what happened in this film (I got the basic plot, but not all the details, due to the lack of vocals to give the emotion), but I liked it! The animation was fairly smooth. I really like the camera movement when the arrow was flying through the air. Keep up the good work, Willco!

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Great film! And I've always liked the name "William", don't you agree?::lol:

The music and the camera movement at 0:19 fit in quite well.

Spoiler (click to read)

However, the plot wasn't very complex and I'm not sure how it tied in with the theme. Was it because the one character was focusing on freeing the one from the cage?

Regardless, I'm glad that you entered and look forward to seeing more stuff from you.

rioforce wrote:

I'm not entirely sure what happened in this film (I got the basic plot, but not all the details, due to the lack of vocals to give the emotion), but I liked it! The animation was fairly smooth. I really like the camera movement when the arrow was flying through the air. Keep up the good work, Willco!

Thanks for the feedback, conveying the story I want to tell (especially without dialogue) seems to be one of my biggest challenges, and I was hoping to make it work in this film. I'm pretty happy with the arrow shot as well, glad I'm not the only one who liked that.

LPGPictures wrote:

The music and the camera movement at 0:19 fit in quite well.

Thanks, that was completely unintentional on my part.

Spoiler (click to read)

I tried to keep the plot simple since I could only spend three days working on the film. You're right about my interpretation of the theme, I was trying to convey that the soldier had been pretty badly affected by the hit to his head but was focused on freeing the guy in the cage since he was the only one in a good position to do so.

Thanks for enjoying the film, and commenting with some feedback.

Great film bud.
Good luck.