Topic: BRAWL 2015: Hammer and Anvil

Directory Link

Hammer and Anvil

YouTube

An elderly blacksmith must focus his skills once again in order to create a sword for a royal soldier.

Last edited by AnimatorUnknown (July 25, 2015 (05:14pm))

Re: BRAWL 2015: Hammer and Anvil

The lighting and sound design were great, I only noticed light flicker once at 1:18 roughly.

Spoiler (click to read)

The use of the hammer on the anvil looked great animation-wise, however things like the camera movement in the beginning could have been smoother.

I really liked the light coming from the forge as well as the animation of the hammer.  It felt remarkably realistic and natural.

That was awesome. The story was really nice, simple, yet effective. The lighting and cinematography was spot on as well. I look forward to see your future work.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Thank you all for your kind words!

rioforce wrote:

The lighting and cinematography was spot on as well.

Thanks, the shadow tutorial you made really helped with that.

Last edited by AnimatorUnknown (July 26, 2015 (08:13am))

Thanks for the opportunity to help out on the film!

The animation is smooth, but just a bit quick during the dialog scenes.

As others have said, the lighting during the forging sequence was amazing. It's funny how something so simple as using a single light can make such a difference.

Sadly, I feel that the rather normal lighting of the outside shots (Particularly of the knight) fall a tad short of the high standard of lighting set by the forging scene. It isn't bad by any means, but those shots seem plain and less interesting than the rest of the film.

Jay did a great job voicing, like always.

It's a nice little film, good work.

The voice acting is good and the music fits perfectly. As has been said, the hammering animation is fantastic. The forging sequence's lighting is cool, but a different camera angle or two might've helped.

Spoiler (click to read)

For some reason the knight seemed somewhat sinister to me, so I thought at the end he was gonna kill the man with the sword he made. That would've been a much different movie, but I think the fact that it didn't happen made the ending seem kinda abrupt to me. That's just me, though.

twickabrick wrote:
Spoiler (click to read)

For some reason the knight seemed somewhat sinister to me, so I thought at the end he was gonna kill the man with the sword he made. That would've been a much different movie, but I think the fact that it didn't happen made the ending seem kinda abrupt to me. That's just me, though.

Spoiler (click to read)

That's an... interesting perspective. Maybe I should have used a different head?

/

Last edited by Noah (May 27, 2017 (12:13pm))

Formerly known as HeliumBrick

I like how it turned out! Thanks for having me onboard.

jay wrote:

I like how it turned out! Thanks for having me onboard.

Thank you for helping!