Re: Septemberfest: The Citizen of the Year LIVES

Veteran Brickfilms.com memeber, Dragoon, wrote highly of the film when it was released. His review set the whole Septemberfest celebration in motion.

ok. Got it.

Can you show us this review of his?

All the things you need to know are on the wiki:

http://brickfilms.wikia.com/wiki/The_Ci … f_the_Year

There is nothing else we can explain that can help you understand Septemberfest or TCOTY. Understanding comes by watching the film. Septemberfest is within all of us, we just have to unlock it. Then, and only then will we reach our true potential.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

sillypenta wrote:

http://bricksafe.com/files/sillypenta/RTcitizen.png

It's a rather widely-shared opinion.

Sick photoshop, Penta.

LegoStudiosP wrote:

I got ithat it's a widely-shared opinion, but in my class it's widely shared opinion that the hunger games is a great movie, though I disagree. But my question is... what makes it this well received. I mean, movies like Unrenewable or the magic portal seem to be more... creative? Yet they don't get a month of celebration... Or is it because of the parrots in trash? Or I couldn't afford something behind the story? Again... I don't find it a bad brickfilm. I just want to understand the reason for its celebration. Also I don't want to cause any argument... just to understand the "why" behind the thing.

There is no "why".  There is no opinion. 

There is only the ceaselessly abiding glory of this masterpiece, radiating forth into the darkness of our limited and perishable senses, capable of perceiving only the merest shadows upon the wall.

There is only each exquisitely crafted frame, each magnificent syllable of finely honed dialogue, each parrot positioned to perfection within each dustbin.

There is is only The Citizen of The Year.

We are but mere mortals, struggling to find meaning in this infinite world.  The Citizen of The Year is our guiding light, our creed, our codex.  We ourselves may be short-lived and ephemeral, but the words of Balser, The Neighbour, and The Bum will forevermore reverberate into the void of the universe long after we have passed away from this fading existence. 

The Citizen of The Year is our life.  Let us all gather together, upon this fine month of September, and give thanks to Watson Films for bringing forth this Magnum Opus.  Let us meditate upon the genius of this work.  Let us praise this monolithic monument of cinema. 

All hail The Citizen of The Year.

All hail The Citizen of The Year.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

uhhh okay. There defo is some kind of subliminal message saying: you have to like this film underneath

If you ask me I just think it is probably cause it has aged better than other brickfilms from that era.

My profile picture is deep fried lol

We continue to celebrate and praise The Citizen of the Year to extreme levels because it's fun to do so.

All hail The Citizen of the Year.

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

I'm also new to this film, and am yet to truly see every detail portrayed in it. I think it's probably one of those films which no one can fully explain, but we all see it differently. It's growing on me.

It already grew on me. I like the film simply for the fun of it. mini/smile

Making Motion  Youtube

okok, I've got it.

LegoStudiosP wrote:

okok, I've got it.

This is why you should never question TCOTY. Ever...

"...just take stuff apart.  Be heartless, do not develop feelings for these sets..." -Squid
YouTube
My standards: Philippians 4:8

Rivvm m wrote:
LegoStudiosP wrote:

okok, I've got it.

This is why you should never question TCOTY. Ever...

I wasn't questioning it... just... I thought I missed something...:D

I don't get it either. For me, the droits d'auteur/copyright film starring Henri & Edmond is MUCH better than this. I question TCOTY. I question it big time...And I don't care.

Okay, you know know you young forum members have your "[FLORIDA]" and "Only wear socks" and "No Crawme" inside jokes? The Citizen of the Year is an inside joke from years past that just won't die. It's a fun, silly thing. Don't take it so seriously. It's not a measure of quality, we're not putting down other brickfilms. It's just something that some members enjoy.

Loosen up, and channel your outrage into something else. Like, actually brickfilming.

Nathan Wells is just sad that he didn't make TCOTY.

Nathan Wells wrote:

"Only wear socks"

What is this...

Still, this contest looks pretty rad! Hopefully I get a decent idea for it, along with finding time to make it while applying to colleges and stuff.

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]

I have decided that I won't compete in this competition. Firstly, I've been very busy, as of late, animating a small short, whilst also working on the script for two longer films, so I've got a lot to do already. And secondly, I don't think I can come up with a good enough plot for a film that has a connection with TCOTY. But good luck to all the competitors, I look forward to seeing what you all come up with mini/smile

Them darn young forum members, always having so much fun!

Sonjira wrote:
Nathan Wells wrote:

"Only wear socks"

What is this...

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7497/15576650874_622c2b9914_h.jpg

"Just wear socks" by rioforce, on Flickr

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive