Topic: Long featured brickfilm tips

Hi everyone. As I said in my introduction, we are (My group) going for a long featured animation.
Currently, we are working on the story and scripts. I wanna ask if there are any tips you experienced making a long featured one.
Is there anything to watch out? Do u have any advice on capturing frames or ....? Any advice on leading the group and directing a long brickfilm?
I will be very happy if you help me!;)

Re: Long featured brickfilm tips

Long feature films take well a lot of time to make. Most people get discouraged and give up. I would suggest really making sure you have an excellent script before sinking so much time into a project.

In addition to having an excellent script, try to have a 5 minute prologue or self-contained first scene that you can concentrate on first. That way, if you decide that a feature length film is too much, you'll still have something worth releasing.

Also, make sure you all know who's in charge before you start. Whoever is in charge needs to be able to make decisions and get people to do things. If you haven't agreed this up front, nothing will get done.

Thank you for you advice! But I don't understand what you mean by Prologue OldScratch mini/sad

A scene at the start of the film that leads into the main action but is separate from it. Something like Raiders of the Lost Ark, where you see Indy robbing the temple, running away from the giant ball, getting caught, etc. It's not really connected to the main story but it introduces the characters and shows you what they do. You could take that section out of the film and show it as a short film on its own.

My suggestion is not to do it UNLESS you'll be able to keep the quality of the animation top-notch all throughout the film and the script has to be truly incredible in terms of pacing and etc because a weak story, pacing and/or animation will throw people off the film and you'll lose your attention. I'd rather watch Smeagol's 10-minute "Unrenewable" with great animation and cinematography instead of watching an hour-long brickfilm that struggles with pacing and animation mini/smile Making a feature brickfilm is a huge challenge if you have any doubts I'd suggest not to do it but hey I don't know you maybe you have the will and the skill that will lead to an incredible work so good luck! mini/smile