Topic: (un)denial [TCOTY Contest Entry]

Directory Link

(un)denial

YouTube

I don't deny it.

My entry into The Citizen of the Year Lives Contest. A special thanks to "If I Were A Minifig" for composing the awesome soundtrack!

Last edited by rioforce (November 1, 2015 (11:03am))

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Re: (un)denial [TCOTY Contest Entry]

I love this one. Its simple, yet really funny. Of course, I have nothing to critique, you're Rioforce, you are excellent!

Haha, fantastic rio, as always. I like how you took a rather obscure and seemingly unimportant character and expanded on him in such a simple but amusing way. Of the entries I've seen so far, my money is on you for 1st mini/wink

YouTube  |  Flickr  |  Twitter

Very entertaining! Glad I got to take part in voice acting! As always, cinematography, execution, and pacing was excellent! Good job, Riiobird.

Twitter | Instagram | YouTube Channel | Tumblr | My Weekly Film Podcast!
"For I am NOT ashamed of the Gospel of Christ" - Romans 1:16

Quite short, but a funny entry nonetheless.  While I feel the concept is perhaps a bit simplistic, it's executed very well and the result is fun to watch.  I don't deny that this is a great entry.

Spoiler (click to read)

So, Luke isn't your actual name?

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

I loved it; I was laughing throughout. I think you might have another winner on your hands.

Mr Vertigo wrote:
Spoiler (click to read)

Spoiler (click to read)

Spoiler Alert: His name is Rioforce, as clearly stated on his Bricks in Motion profile.

Twitter | Instagram | YouTube Channel | Tumblr | My Weekly Film Podcast!
"For I am NOT ashamed of the Gospel of Christ" - Romans 1:16

Gentry Studios wrote:
Mr Vertigo wrote:
Spoiler (click to read)

Spoiler (click to read)

Spoiler Alert: His name is Rioforce, as clearly stated on his Bricks in Motion profile.

Spoiler (click to read)

I don't deny it.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Thanks for the comments, guys. I appreciate it. I forgot to mention in the video description a thank you to my voice actors, Gentry, Dewfilms, Harborlight, Brickcrazy, and of course, Watson. And a special thanks to Guy Commanderson for composing the original score! mini/bigsmile

Mr Vertigo wrote:
Gentry Studios wrote:
Mr Vertigo wrote:
Spoiler (click to read)

Spoiler (click to read)

Spoiler (click to read)

I don't deny it.

Spoiler (click to read)

Neither do I.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

rioforce wrote:
Mr Vertigo wrote:
Gentry Studios wrote:
Spoiler (click to read)

Spoiler (click to read)

I don't deny it.

Spoiler (click to read)

Neither do I.

Spoiler (click to read)

Rioforce is cool

This was great rioforce! I loved how you incorporated a character who had basically no story to him in the original, and gave home an awesome backstory! Great work.

-BrickBrosProductions

Youtube Channel https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCm2mA8FCaPP1ySSA8CL46YQ
"Do everything you do for the glory of the one who made you.."

I've always liked that neighbor and his one line - I really enjoyed this entry; very funny!

TCOTY Entry: The Perks of Being TCOTY
ToY Entry: Secrets of the Lost Tomb
Please visit me on the YouTubes!
Care to follow me on the Twitter?

Great job with this entry rioforce!  It's very well done and funny!  "I don't deny it!" mini/smile

So...I'm just now getting around to all these entries, and this is a great start to that process.

It's an amusing homage to the original character, and the varied scenarios all ending in that same classic line never failed to bring a smile. It wasn't trying to be deep or profound, but it certainly didn't need to be. It was simple, fun, and very well done.

That being said, I almost expected an echoing repeat of the line in that last scene, and was slightly disappointed when it was absent. Oh well.... mini/wink

Pritchard Studios wrote:

That being said, I almost expected an echoing repeat of the line in that last scene, and was slightly disappointed when it was absent. Oh well.... mini/wink

It was there... just very muffled. Crank up the volume when the credits end.

Now available to score films. https://soundcloud.com/guy-commanderson

"Contrary to the old saying, the trick is not to expect but accept the unexpec..." ~ Rick Rascal

If I Were A Minifig wrote:
Pritchard Studios wrote:

It was there... just very muffled. Crank up the volume when the credits end.

Yep, it's in a quick post-credit scene. So now the truth comes out Pritchard: you don't stick around to read movie credits either! mini/jaw

YouTube  |  Flickr  |  Twitter

I don't deny it... mini/shifty

Brickcrazy wrote:

Yep, it's in a quick post-credit scene...

Post-credit scene? mini/rolleyes

Christopher Nolan wrote:

A real movie wouldn’t do that.

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

Very entertaining! The lighting is consistently good throughout, and the opening scene set up the rest of the brickfilm well.

Spoiler (click to read)

I thought leaving the final undenial until after the credits was also funny too.

Hope you place well!

Dyland wrote:
Brickcrazy wrote:

Yep, it's in a quick post-credit scene...

Post-credit scene? mini/rolleyes

Christopher Nolan wrote:

A real movie wouldn’t do that.

Oh great, that again.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein