Topic: Lego Shakin' Stevens - Merry Christmas Everyonne

Directory Link

Lego Shakin' Stevens - Merry Christmas Everyonne

YouTube

My tribute to Shakin Stevens, marking the 30th anniversary of the 1980s hit, Merry Christmas Everyone. Now, there is some minor light flicker, but in all, I am pretty pleased with the outcome. Feedback is very much appreciated. Wishing all of you a Merry Christmas.

Re: Lego Shakin' Stevens - Merry Christmas Everyonne

I like it, mini/smile  It's neat to hear a Christmas song from another country instead of the stuff my local radio stations play over and over.
It's also interesting to see that I'm not the only one who sometime enjoys listing to an old christmas song, last year I made a music video with my extended family of the song "My Christmas Card to You" by the Partridge Family Singers and not very many of them had heard of it.

I like the blinking eyes, I think it makes the characters look more real and life-like, but one thing I noticed about the video was that the open title looked like one of the default titles that came with Windows Movie Maker. I don't really using default titles and effects because there are a bazillion other videos out there with the same ones and anyone can tell what you used to edit you video.  I would probably just use text without the fake lens flare or echo and change the font and color (colour for you);)  to something that fit the video.  "Gil Sans" the default font in iMove is a particularly notorious mark of an amateur editor and I find myself looking back with horror at my first videos. mini/bigsmile

http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B-S9Gk-8REITRVJVQXVwZkdBRk0
“But the enterprise in which I’m about to embark on is fraught with imminent peril.”

Thank you for your kind words, MarkNelsonMovies. Yes, you are right about me using Movie Maker. I understand what you mean, and I have noticed the thousands of videos on YouTube that use the same old effects. My Movie Maker has been playing up lately and I don't think its a very good program.  Once again thank you for your kind words, it really means a lot to me and it is really encouraging mini/smile

Last edited by William Osborne (December 8, 2015 (05:32pm))

Great animation! Keep up the good work! mini/smile

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.

I like too.
I think you had a lot of work to move the mouth all movie...
Keeping movie!!!! mini/wink

;~)

Thanks, guys. I am really glad you enjoyed it!

Good work William!

Thank you, GlowingSkull. I am really pleased that this film is my first video to hit 1,000 views mini/bigsmile I am so happy!