Topic: [THAC XIII] Crab Crackdown

Directory Link

[THAC XIII] Crab Crackdown

YouTube

Made in 23 hours for THAC XIII!

Last edited by Mighty Wanderer (June 1, 2016 (05:04pm))

Re: [THAC XIII] Crab Crackdown

Excellent job on this Mighty Wanderer!

I love the lighting underwater. It really looks like the deep ocean bottom. Sloth did an absolutely fabulous job voicing the fish king as well. Definitely one of my favorite entries. mini/smile

YouTube  |  Flickr  |  Twitter

Good job!

The dialog is fantastic, and made even better by the great voice acting.
I love the lighting and sets. You did a great job of giving it an underwater feel while still keeping it all practical and simple enough for THAC.

Also, that ending though... mini/wink

I've been looking forward to this since I saw your casting call with a crab and fish King, and I liked it.  The animation going into and out of the water was good and I also really liked that "landing" the man did when he first talks to the fish King.  Nice job!

Really great film, it made me laugh more than any other entry, at least that I've seen; it's so wonderfully deadpan. That opening shot was not at all what I expected out of the frame you posted earlier. Great work! mini/smile

Really fantastic entry! Super smooth and clean. Great atmosphere and the theme was very well executed with awesome dialogue.

Really good entry, one of the best I've seen so far!

π Cherry π Banana Cream π Pumpkin π Lemon-Lemon π Black Berry π Quiche π

That was awesome, Mighty! I love the concept, and the execution is great. Your voice actors did a superb job as well.

And I can't leave without laughing at the ending one more time. mini/wink

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Thanks for the feedback, all! I am really pleased with how this turned out, especially since I took a break for about 3 hours.

Brickcrazy wrote:

I love the lighting underwater. It really looks like the deep ocean bottom. Sloth did an absolutely fabulous job voicing the fish king as well.

Thanks!  Sloth did an amazing job, this would not have been nearly as good without him. mini/bigsmile

BackyardLegos wrote:

Really great film, it made me laugh more than any other entry, at least that I've seen; it's so wonderfully deadpan.

Awesome! That's exactly what I was trying to do, I'm glad it succeeded!

Pritchard wrote:

Also, that ending though... mini/wink

rioforce wrote:

And I can't leave without laughing at the ending one more time. mini/wink

mini/sunnies

Fun fact: When I went to bed at about 4:15 after submitting this around 3:55 and hanging out in the chat for the deadline to watch a couple of the films, I dreamed that Brickcrazy had done a voice for me and that I had completely neglected to credit him. It was a very stressful dream (though I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised; I was up for just over 24 hours).

The underwater lighting is fantastic. Good job achieving the look without relying on a watery overlay in post-production. Sloth did a great job voicing the crab king, and I also liked the fig design for him. I just think you could have benefited from using more music in the film. Nice entry.

The underwater effect is certainly the greatest part of this film.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/thatsfinestudios
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thatsfinestudios

"Always, and I mean always, keep the instruction books!"

The animation was very smooth and the voices were perfect! Nice work mini/smile

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.

real cool