Topic: [THAC XIII] GUM

Directory Link

[THACXIII] GUM

Youtube
Vimeo

Some of it was rather rushed, especially the sound, but I am pleased on how it turned out. Probably one of my best animations to date.

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

Re: [THAC XIII] GUM

Great! Smooth animation and good story! Nice work mini/smile

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.

Nicely animated entry! I particularly liked the tired guy at the start. Good job.

I love the animation in this! It really gave character to the guy.

That is one massive piece of gum.

Nice animation!

As the others already pointed out, this is very well animated, especially for a THAC film (and yet you still finished your film way before me, and mine has a lot less actual animation than yours, go figure). The story was predictable, but fun nevertheless. However, I still think this film was part of a blatant and outright plot to have sticky tac visible in a shot and get away with it... mini/tongue

Good luck in the contest!

YouTube  |  Flickr  |  Twitter

What a cool entry, I like the simplicity of it but the way that it works with LEGO as a medium. I don't think that any other art form, live action, claymation, even novels or games could convey this story better. The use of classical music helped as well, it often does with entries like these and it set the tone well. The slow escalation to the ending was satisfying to see, and the way that it was animated felt humorous but strangely pragmatic, both in a good way.

In terms of criticisms, I'd recommend tweaking your white balance. There was something peculiar about the colors that made not as visually appealing as it could have been. Perhaps this is the lighting as well, it's difficult to say, but I recommend playing around with both to get the best look that you can find.

If we get really nitpicky the other minifigs in the scene could have looked a little better. I'm not a big fan of mixing flesh and yellow as it often doesn't look the best, and then some of the combos were a little strange looking. But as I said, this is a very trivial complaint and not something you should worry about very much.

Overall, I'm glad you found an idea that worked for you because it evidently worked out quite well. It's always cool to see animations from you and I wish you best of luck in THAC and future projects. Cheers!

Brickcrazy wrote:

I still think this film was part of a blatant and outright plot to have sticky tac visible in a shot and get away with it...

Maybe so..... mini/shifty

Liam G wrote:

In terms of criticisms, I'd recommend tweaking your white balance. There was something peculiar about the colors that made not as visually appealing as it could have been. Perhaps this is the lighting as well, it's difficult to say, but I recommend playing around with both to get the best look that you can find.

Yeah, others pointed that out to me but I decided not to bother with it since I only had 24 hours and not enough time to play with the lighting.

Thank you everyone for your nice comments! mini/smile

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

Hahaha, I like this. I do agree that the lighting and colors were a bit off, but it's still good. The animation was great. I was grinning throughout the film. I especially like the part where he was floating in the air celebrating, that was fantastic. Keep it up!

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b