Topic: Gus & Noman - Worst Job Ever.

Directory Link

Gus & Noman - Worst Job Ever.

Link 1

2 First Order Storm Troopers ponder employment options.

Re: Gus & Noman - Worst Job Ever.

Ha ha! Good job on this one. Only thing I would have liked to see is a little more movement when the stormtroopers were talking. Other than that an enjoyable short.

My profile picture is deep fried lol

Brick Block Animations wrote:

Ha ha! Good job on this one. Only thing I would have liked to see is a little more movement when the stormtroopers were talking. Other than that an enjoyable short.

I guess this is one thing that drives me crazy. When I'm talking to someone I'm not really moving around that much if I am siting.
So I figure the same when two Lego's are talking.
I have heard this many times and would like your opinion or anyone's opinion on how much movement 2 people sitting should have?
Thanks for the watch and your comment.

To be honest I think just maybe their hands rotating or arms moving up and down is all you need. I know that in real life we usually don't move our arms that much but I feel at least that when animating it can be good to exaggerate the little movements we do when we talk. it makes it a little more interesting to watch than just a still frame. I know it takes more time, but trust me when I say I think it will make your films much more entertaining.

My profile picture is deep fried lol

I view it like puppeteering, a movement helps tell the audience which character is speaking, and where to direct there attention.
because of the scale/limited articulation, the movement can/should be exaggerated some, but a lot of people, (myself included) especially when starting out tend to over do it.

By the way, the video was well done and got a laugh from me mini/lol

http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B-S9Gk-8REITRVJVQXVwZkdBRk0
“But the enterprise in which I’m about to embark on is fraught with imminent peril.”