Topic: Zach & Nate are making a brickfilm in 48 hours & livestreaming it all!

http://i.imgur.com/KoQXM0r.png

Zach Macias and I are happy to announce a new exciting collaboration: the Brick Mind Animation Challenge! Inspired by THAC and spurred on by our collaboration for the Bricks in Motion Documentary, One Brick Studios and MindGame Studios are joining forces to make a brickfilm in 48 hours, and we’re going to livestream every second of it!

The Basics
Challenge: Make a brickfilm in 48 hours, based on a theme
Challenge duration: 8 am PST, March 12 - 8 am PST March 14
Participants: Nathan Wells & Zach Macias
Livestreaming all 48 hours
Vote on the theme here!
Watch the stream here when it goes live: twitch.tv/mrmindgame

The Details
Starting at 8 am Pacific Standard Time on Saturday, March 12 and concluding at 8 am on Monday, March 14, we will have exactly 48 hours to brainstorm, script, storyboard, set build, animate, edit, score and upload a brickfilm. We will have three different webcams set up so everyone watching can see every step of the filmmaking process. As we make the film we will continuously interact with the Bricks in Motion and Twitch chatrooms, answering questions and generally having a good time.

Audience Participation
Like THAC, there will be a theme, and we won’t know the theme until the start of the challenge. This is where you, the audience, comes in! We have selected 10 different challenge themes, and it’s up to you guys to vote on the final theme. The poll is open now, and will end at the start of the challenge (March 12 at 8 am PST). Zach and I will not look at the poll until the results are announced!

FAQ
Will you live stream the ENTIRE 48 hours?
Barring any technical difficulties, yes! We really enjoyed livestreaming when we worked on the animated portions of the Bricks in Motion documentary and we wanted do it again.

Will you sleep?
We’re planning to sleep in four-hour shifts through the night, so that there’s always something happening during the stream. Plus, we want to be as efficient with our time as possible.

Where can I get updates about BMAC?
We will post another thread in this forum when BMAC officially starts. Zach and I will also be using the Twitter hashtag #BMAC2016 and tweeting frequently up to and throughout the event. We also encourage viewers to use the same hashtag when talking about BMAC!
Nathan’s Twitter: twitter.com/nathanawells
Zach’s Twitter: twitter.com/zachmg

Where can I watch the livestream?
We’ll be steaming on Zach’s Twitch channel: twitch.tv/mrmindgame

Any more details on the livestream?
We’re planning on streaming the screen of the computer we’re animating on, so you can see through the eyes of the animating camera. We’re also going to have three webcams set up around the studio: the bird’s eye camera, and eye-level camera focused on the animation table, and a third “confession” camera where we can talk directly to the audience. Other streaming services like Periscope might also be involved if there’s ever a point we’re beyond the range of the webcams.

Will you release a recording of the livestream once it’s concluded?
We do plan on recording the entire livestream, so we’ll probably release it afterward. It’s unlikely that it will be edited, though!

Will you have mod elements, similar to THAC or BRAWL?
We won’t have mod elements, because our audience will keep us honest! Since we’ll be livestreaming the entire 48 hours, everyone watching will be able to verify that we did everything within the 48 hours.

Re: Zach & Nate are making a brickfilm in 48 hours & livestreaming it all!

Nathan Wells wrote:

Will you sleep?
We’re planning to sleep in four-hour shifts through the night, so that there’s always something happening during the stream. Plus, we want to be as efficient with our time as possible.

Y'all are gluttons for misery.

Looking forward to watching this unfold.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Sounds awesome! mini/smile

Cool stuff! I actually really enjoy watching people work through the filmmaking process, and will hopefully tune in as much as I can. I've actually been considering starting to twitch stream when I animate, and I think it's really cool that this has started to catch on with people.

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]

This is awesome I can't wait!

It wasn't just me whose first thought was this right? mini/lol

Hopefully I can tune in to the stream at some stage.

Last edited by BoatsAreRockable (March 4, 2016 (03:38am))

Boats Animator
Free stop motion software with 1080p support!
YouTubeBrickfilms WikiBoats Animator

So, guys, you're finally going to finish up "Dear Cousin", eh?

Last edited by rioforce (March 4, 2016 (09:14am))

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

BoatsAreRockable wrote:

It wasn't just me whose first thought was this right?

It's been a running joke in the chat for a while now. mini/wink

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG

Wow! We have over 50 votes on the theme!

With two days to go, can we make it to 60?

Vote on the theme here!

Great stream guys! I look forward to the rest of the animation and the final product. Also, I might have avoided all my homework all weekend, so, thanks for that too.

My Blog]       Flickr]        Twitter]        YouTube]
"Eh" - Bertl

Johnny Strange tells me he watched some of it, and he really appreciated all their work and persistence.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."