Topic: LEGO GHOSTBUSTERS

Directory Link

LEGO GHOSTBUSTERS

youtube

An epic re-imagining of the classic Ghostbusters.  Over the last 5 months a team spent over 2000 hrs to produce this animation- Would love to hear what you all think!

Last edited by DigitalWizardsStudio (May 29, 2016 (01:16pm))

Re: LEGO GHOSTBUSTERS

EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is so awesome. I loved every single second of this film. 6/5! (because a 5/5 just isn't high enough mini/wink ).

P.S., thought the live action marshmallow man looked awesome!

That was awesome! The sets were amazing, and I loved the in-camera electricity and energy FX! Do you have a behind-the-scenes video or anything? I would love to see how you achieved some of that stuff.

Glad you guys liked it! 

We are working at cutting together the behind the scenes- hopefully that can be finished this week.

@Shawarma Studios- any shot or scene specifically you want to know about?

Cheers!
Paul

Well, I really liked the TV advertisement scene at the beginning, and also the scene where the Ghostbusters are chasing that green monster thing. I'm curious to know how you balanced the electricity blasts (were those all in-camera?) and how the ghost from the Ghostbusters symbol was built in that TV scene.

Last edited by Shawarma Studios (May 30, 2016 (02:30pm))

Happy to share these techniques.

The Logo and the TV is all LEGO built frame of a TV and it's shot on a downshooter animation stand.  Those elements are comped together in After Effects with a little masking.  The logo was built by James Banks who created the mouthpiece.

90 percent of the proton blasts were shot in camera, they attach directly to the ghostbuster blasters.  We also shine a light through a colored gel to add an explosive feel.  Slimer is rigged on trans bricks and then masked into the scene.  When Slimer was eating from the cart his rig was hidden behind the cart.

Cheers!

Paul