Topic: Endangered (Steinerei 2016)

Directory Link

Endangered (Steinerei 2016)

Click here to watch

Our entry for this years Steinerei (Brickfilmfestival in Germany) with the theme "absurd".
We also won several prices there: Best Animation, 1st place Audience Choice and 1st place Brickfilmer's Choice.

Currently the film is only available in German, but there are English subtitles on YouTube.

Hope you enjoy!

Re: Endangered (Steinerei 2016)

Ha! Well, that was...Absurd. No wonder it did so well.

I certainly didn't see some of the twists and turns, and those that I did were so well executed that I loved them anyway.
There are many lovely little things in the film that showed off your great skill and attention to detail. The tire tracks left by the truck, the lighting on the fire, the hilarious care-free walking style at 3:29, and the great mouth animation to name just a few.

Even the chosen animation styles said so much about the characters involved, and gave each one a special, unique look. That's a technique that I've seen far too little of, and one that certainly needs to be used more often.

Thanks for sharing, and for giving us English speakers those subtitles. We could have easily deciphered the story without them, but there's an extra level of enjoyment present when we can understand what is said. Great work guys!

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Even the chosen animation styles said so much about the characters involved, and gave each one a special, unique look. That's a technique that I've seen far too little of, and one that certainly needs to be used more often.

Thank you so much for your feedback! I'm glad that you enjoyed the movie. We really tried to give each character their own personal movement-style and it's nice to see that it worked out that well. Thanks  mini/smile

This was great! The silliness and the mouth animation especially stand out. The humor really works here, nice job. mini/lol

UnknownBrick Films wrote:

This was great! The silliness and the mouth animation especially stand out. The humor really works here, nice job. mini/lol

Thank you! Much appreciated  mini/smile