Topic: Les Mis in Lego

I’m just gonna put my feelers out and gauge interest. I’ve never seen any Lego musicals (Unless, of course, you count “No Crawme’s Christmas Special” (which is awesome, btw)), but the thought occurred to me. Would anyone be interested in trying to do Les Miserables in Lego?

We would need voice actors, vocalists, and a skilled animator. If there are animators who would be interested in investing a lot of time and energy into a project like this, please comment on this thread. Similarly, if anyone is interested in singing in the production please comment. If anyone thinks I’m crazy for suggesting such a venture, please comment… mini/no

I plan to do all of the music recording myself — all of the orchestration/arranging, and that sort of thing. I can manage all of the voice work and actors, in order to make the animator(s)’s job easier.

That’s my thought. Does anybody have anything to say?

Now available to score films. https://soundcloud.com/guy-commanderson

"Contrary to the old saying, the trick is not to expect but accept the unexpec..." ~ Rick Rascal

Re: Les Mis in Lego

I was cast as a rock singer in an upcoming holding our own, and the part requires me to sing, and I was in my school's musical. I can be a voice actor and vocalist.

I've always wanted to see a full brickfilm musical. In fact I have made some (unsuccessful) efforts to convert a script of my own to a musical in the past.

However I have to say I'd be surprised (but pleasantly) if you found someone here with the technical abilities and motivation to want to animate the whole of Les Miserables in LEGO.

Perhaps you should consider working with an animator here to create an original musical brickfilm. If well done it could turn out to be a masterpiece!

Boats Animator
Free stop motion software with 1080p support!
YouTubeBrickfilms WikiBoats Animator

As a fan of Les Mis, I would like to encourage anyone to make a quality Les Miserables brickfilm musical or not.

Jessica

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.” 1 Corinthians 10:31.

Musicals are definitely an under-explored genre in Brickfilming, so I'd be interested in seeing what could be accomplished in this regard.  LEGO by its nature is already somewhat cartoony and stylised, so conceptually I could see this sort of thing synergising well together.

In regards to Les Mis itself, though, I could see something like this getting into trouble with copyright very quickly, as I'm pretty sure the songs and characters are still copyrighted (although I imagine the novel itself is public domain by now).  It'd be a shame to have that happen, considering the amount of coordination and effort a project like this would require.  Speaking of which--I don't think it would be possible to re-create the entirety of Les Miserables in as a Brickfilm, awesome as that would be.  You'd either need a huge amount of time and money, or enough people to put this on the level of a community project (which are notorious for falling apart and not ever getting completed, due to various members lacking time/interest).  Something like a 10-minute short would be much more achievable while still being considerably ambitious, but even that would only be long enough to fit in 2-3 songs back-to-back of a feature-length musical such as Les Mis.

In general, however, I'd love to see a Brickfilm musical happen in one way or another, and I do think it would be possible to make something, even if it's comparatively small in scope.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

If anyone wants to do a brickfilm musical, I can sing. mini/smile

http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B-S9Gk-8REITRVJVQXVwZkdBRk0
“But the enterprise in which I’m about to embark on is fraught with imminent peril.”