Topic: The Adventures of Jane

Directory Link

The Adventures of Jane

Click Here

She's adventurous. She's courageous. She's an explorer.  She's...Jane and is on the hunt for the mysterious portal.

The Adventures of Jane is here! After 9 months of production it's finally done. I hope you guys enjoy it. I had a lot of fun making it. There are a bit of camera movements towards the beginning. I wasn't able to fix those, but hopefully I added something to them to make up for it a little.

Towards the end of the film the camera is still that's because of the new capturing program I got. However, by then I was already halfway done with filming and didn't want to start over since I liked the shots. So I did my best to merge the two.

This was such a blast making it and I hope to continue with this character more in the future. I'm not sure yet, but I'm thinking about doing a behind the scenes segment, maybe. In the meantime please enjoy the film!

Also a big shoutout to Guy Commanderson aka If I Were A Minifig for composing the score to this film. By far I'm my opinion the best part of the whole film.

Thanks!

Last edited by Infinity Prime Studios (August 25, 2016 (11:23pm))

Re: The Adventures of Jane

I totally read that as "Harrison Ford as Allen".

Nice job! You did a great job of telling this story. Your lighting is great - and the door shots really show this off. 

One thing I would recommend: in the fast-paced shootout style scenes, it's nice to have a wider variety of camera angles (that helps to add to the frantic feeling of the shots).

Personally I love to see behind the scenes material, so I would definitely suggest you make a video for that. mini/wink

Great job! The lighting was excellent and each shot was very cinematic. The shootout sequence could have used some work, but other than that this is a really good film! mini/smile

Mighty Wanderer: I totally read that as "Harrison Ford as Allen".
Nice job! You did a great job of telling this story. Your lighting is great - and the door shots really show this off.
One thing I would recommend: in the fast-paced shootout style scenes, it's nice to have a wider variety of camera angles (that helps to add to the frantic feeling of the shots).
Personally I love to see behind the scenes material, so I would definitely suggest you make a video for that. mini/wink

UnknownBrick Films: Great job! The lighting was excellent and each shot was very cinematic. The shootout sequence could have used some work, but other than that this is a really good film! mini/smile

Thanks a bunch you guys mini/bigsmile  ! I'm glad you guys enjoyed it!

It had a cool vibe to it, the music was great and I really enjoyed the story telling.

Improvements in the animation department may be the biggest opportunity.

Life is like a box of LEGO, you never know what you're gonna build. - mrgraff

any chance the fight music theme that starts around 2:07 was inspired by the DOOM theme?

You have an acute ear. I've never played the game, nor do I intend to; but when I had the idea to pull out some kind of grungy metal for the gunfight, the 2016 DOOM soundtrack is what I used for reference.

Now available to score films. https://soundcloud.com/guy-commanderson

"Contrary to the old saying, the trick is not to expect but accept the unexpec..." ~ Rick Rascal

Really nice! Has a very Doctor Who feel to it which is great

I can't watch now, but am looking forward to that chance.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."