Topic: Green screen problems

I want to add green screen/blue screen effect to one of my animations. For some reason, it appears to be fuzzy and not the whole image. Is my lighting not good enough to make the background clear? I would love help on this issue. Thanks!

Re: Green screen problems

could we see an example?

http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B-S9Gk-8REITRVJVQXVwZkdBRk0
“But the enterprise in which I’m about to embark on is fraught with imminent peril.”

I think if you ask almost anyone that uses green screen, they'll probably have the same issue. I generally try to avoid using green screen nowadays, but when I use chroma key, I also had to use a tool that came with my software, that allows you to take away/add parts of the green screen, so that you have more/less of the object in front of the screen.

One thing that I noticed while doing my most recent green screening test was that the camera picked up light that reflected off the green screen onto the object. You don't see it that much until the chroma keying tool comes in and starts removing green colors and starts removing parts of the object. What you need is a spill remover, as well as a matte cleaner to smooth the edges.

I'm not a pro at chroma keying, but I did learn quite a bit the other day from my green screening test, and I thought you should know.

These tutorials might help a little bit.

The main problem is the lighting. You should use Extra lights just to lighten up the green background and clear shadows.
If you can't retake frames, you could use Masks instead of Green screen. Masking might be time-wasting, but for this reason it helps.