Topic: Post Mortem

Directory Link

Post Mortem

Youtube

Just because it's the apocalypse doesn't necessarily mean it's the end of the world, right?

This film was originally made for BRAWL 2016, but sadly was not finished in time. As a result, animation in some parts may appear a bit rushed due to my (futile) attempts at meeting the one-week deadline. Nevertheless, better late than never right?

Enjoy!

Last edited by Brickcrazy (November 13, 2016 (09:13pm))

YouTube  |  Flickr  |  Twitter

Re: Post Mortem

Haha, that was great. Fantastic job on the sets and lighting!

I'm really glad you finished this up - I was bummed when you didn't get it into the contest!

Brilliant! Loved the lighting and the post apocalyptic atmosphere!
I also really liked the camerawork in this, and I can't wait to see more brickfilms from you mini/smile

I really enjoyed this, sort of starts out with a with a Omega Man vibe

Really excellent film; very interesting design aesthetic, a humorous story that's a clever take on apocalypse tropes, and animation that's more than solid for a film originally intended for BRAWL. Your work is really starting to stand out. mini/smile

Excellent short. One of the best things about it is that you can't tell that a lot of the animation was intended for BRAWL.
I love your use of mini led's, and the overall lighting in this video is perfect.

YouTube

"If you find a fork in the road, take it." - Yogi Berra

Thanks for all the kind comments guys! mini/smile

Mighty Wanderer wrote:

I'm really glad you finished this up - I was bummed when you didn't get it into the contest!

Yeah, I'm still pretty bummed out that I didn't finish this in time for BRAWL. However, had I somehow managed to do so, it probably wouldn't have turned out nearly as good anyway. Guess there's always a bright side to everything. mini/wink

FeinsteinFilms wrote:

I love your use of mini led's, and the overall lighting in this video is perfect.

Lighting has become my favorite aspect of brickfilming (followed closely by set and character design). Very satisfying to hear I'm doing it right!

YouTube  |  Flickr  |  Twitter

I thought it was quite remarkable. The opening narration for example was well done.

There's a lot of great stuff here. The humor works and the animation is wonderful. It's a shame you didn't finish this in time for BRAWL Nice work!

I really liked this! Not because my sister voiced in it but because it was actually pretty good. mini/shifty mini/tongue

The lighting was especially entertaining, I really liked how you did the computer lighting. The whole thing really was a visual treat. Nice stuff there.

The story was short and simple, not very complex, but you executed it pretty well. The last line set it off to a good ending.

The animation was also excellent.

Overall, great work Brickcrazy!

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

Great work! The coloured lighting looks amazing in conjunction with those snazzy sets. Though simple, the environment benefited greatly from the onset lights and moving background elements. Plus, it was funny. 10/10 pls make more.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49566491787_1f24d954b6_o.jpg

Website  ✧  YouTube  ✧  Flickr  ✧  Soli Deo Gloria

I love this.

The animation was brilliant and very lively (even undeadly!) and the lighting just complimented it to complete the visual appeal. All of the voices were excellent. The story was hilarious and just perfect.

I believe that if this would have been finished in time for BRAWL, it would have placed very highly! But the wait was worth it because now we have this masterpiece to watch over and over. Bravo!

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b