Topic: The Requital

Directory Link

The Requital

Youtube

This was written, voiced (minus Jay Silver), and animated in under 7 days for BRAWL 2016, of which I did not finish in time (mostly because the project was way too ambitious and 10 minutes long).

I finally got to finishing it, and here it is! The finished product is of course flawed. If I were to do it again, I would add more development for when Ryan was chasing his lead, since I realize that was rather rushed. I would also add more to the ending. I do realize a few of the lines are out of place or had grammatical errors (probably due to me speed writing it). I also noticed a few set bumps. Alas, the pains of BRAWL. But overall I think it turned out decent.

Nonetheless, I hope you enjoy it!

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

Re: The Requital

Yes! It's finally here! I really like this film, with the shots, shallow DOF, and, most of all, the story. I don't often see a story where the bad guy is forgiven. And I love the way it just ended on that last line, whether it was for plot convenience or not.

I almost forgot about this! Man.

Wow, though. I'm gonna say ditto to what jasper pointed out - cutting after that final line was superb. mini/sunnies

You know, there were a few set/prop bumps, off-timed sound effects, etc. - all stuff you get from BRAWL/THAC - but none of that was very distracting at all. This was totally an ambitious project, and it's amazing that you got as much done as you did in the week!

Anyhoo, I was really impressed by the story itself - I know I read the script, but seeing it finalized had an entirely different feel to it. And like I mentioned, that ending. *italian chef kiss*

I'm glad I got to be a part of this, and nice job on finishing this up so you could release it! mini/bigsmile

jasper wrote:

Yes! It's finally here! I really like this film, with the shots, shallow DOF, and, most of all, the story. I don't often see a story where the bad guy is forgiven. And I love the way it just ended on that last line, whether it was for plot convenience or not.

Thanks! I was really worried the ending would flop, but I'm glad it worked out! :--D

Mighty Wanderer wrote:

I almost forgot about this! Man.

Wow, though. I'm gonna say ditto to what jasper pointed out - cutting after that final line was superb. mini/sunnies

You know, there were a few set/prop bumps, off-timed sound effects, etc. - all stuff you get from BRAWL/THAC - but none of that was very distracting at all. This was totally an ambitious project, and it's amazing that you got as much done as you did in the week!

Anyhoo, I was really impressed by the story itself - I know I read the script, but seeing it finalized had an entirely different feel to it. And like I mentioned, that ending. *italian chef kiss*

I'm glad I got to be a part of this, and nice job on finishing this up so you could release it! mini/bigsmile

Thanks for the compliments! I really appreciate them. I was really worried about the story itself (because I have had story problems in the past) and am relieved that this one didn't fail. mini/tongue

Thanks so much for your voice acting, its was amazing and I couldn't have made it as good without you!

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

I too am impressed by the scale of this Film as a BRAWL entry, especially considering the fact that you came far closer to completing your film in time than I did this year, despite the fact that yours was much longer and more complex. Very glad to see it finally finished.

Really liked the shallow DoF. Voice acting was good. Animation was also decent. The ending wasn't quite what I was expecting and worked pretty well.

YouTube  |  Flickr  |  Twitter

Well that was excellent. The bright, golden lighting near the end was great, but the story is definitely the best part. While it's always nice to see some quality animation, I enjoy a thoughtful and clever story even more. As the others have stated, you did a great job in both aspects considering the constraints of BRAWL. The ending could've come off as a bit cliché, but you handled it nicely. Dialogue was well-written and well-spoken by the voice actors. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed watching. Good job! mini/wink

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49566491787_1f24d954b6_o.jpg

Website  ✧  YouTube  ✧  Flickr  ✧  Soli Deo Gloria

This is a really well written story, with good cinematography and compelling characters. If you managed to enter this in BRAWL, as you planned, it would have ranked highly as one of the best!

The development of this story is great! It was very intriguing to watch. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I like how you used various types of lighting for each scene. All of the voice actors was great! I forgot that I actually voiced in this until I watched it back, haha.

It's too bad you didn't finish in time for BRAWL, but the wait was worth it!

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b