Re: Favourite Theme

I'm really quite partial to some of the more classic themes which I got to experience as I was growing up.  The original Alpha Team and Adventurers/Orient Expedition in particular hold a special place in my heart, as well as some of the World City sets.  I have very fond memories of getting the Scorpion Palace as a present.  Later on I really enjoyed the Fantasy Era Castle sets such as Dwarves' Mine, and the 2008 Agents (in particular, the Mobile Command Centre remains one of my all-time favourite sets, and one of the few I've kept assembled over the years).

If I'm perfectly honest, I haven't really truly fallen in love with a LEGO theme since around 2010ish--although, to be honest, this is probably me being nostalgic.  Still, we went from themes like Exo-Force and Bionicle... to Ninjago and Chima.  (Ninjago in particular really disappointed me, since I was hoping for something along the lines of the 1998 Ninja theme).  There have been quite a few that have come close, though, in particular the absolutely fantastic Modular Buildings series and LEGO Movie sets.  Though these days I tend to view sets as being parts packs more than anything, since I'd rather use them to build my own creations and tell my own stories.  (I still always assemble the sets, though).

I should also give a mention to the Creator Red Baron because I've had that set since 2002 and kept it more or less in one piece and it's totally awesome.

Last edited by Mr Vertigo (January 30, 2017 (03:58am))

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive