Topic: how to get music rights?

Hi,

I'm looking to get rights for some music for TOY.

Someone says that I can use a site and copy the video and use the music- but IDK if that's legal.

Any help on how to get the rights to music LEGALLY would be extremely helpful.

MATT

13:58    BertL    you mean in high school people don't spontaneously break into song and dance

Re: how to get music rights?

Assuming you're looking to use copyrighted music, you'll have to ask the copyright holder - normally the record label. They'll probably charge you for it though.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Yes what ^he^ said. You need to PAY the record label to get the rights.

Back In Black!

I am new at forum so cant start new topic so I will ask here...

I would like to know how it goes with copyrights for using script of some movie (like goodfather) for my stop motion brick movie, and posting it on Youtube?

Can I do that?

I don't think you'll get a copyright strike for using the script of another movie. If you used the actual recordings of the movie, however, that would be a different matter.

/

Last edited by LBF Productions (May 27, 2017 (01:47pm))

Thanks... I plan to use just script.

I don't think you'll get a copyright strike for using the script of another movie. If you used the actual recordings of the movie, however, that would be a different matter.

Scripts are covered by copyright just as much as other works. I use other people's scripts all the time. They come with big copyright notices on them and I only use if I have permission.

Having said that - if you're going to make a non-commercial fan flick for YouTube then either no one will care, no one will notice, or it will fall into the 'it's not a commercial product so meh' category.

Aka Fox
Youtube: My channel   Twitter: @animationantics
Best brick films: My selection

ToyFun wrote:

I am new at forum so cant start new topic so I will ask here...

I would like to know how it goes with copyrights for using script of some movie (like goodfather) for my stop motion brick movie, and posting it on Youtube?

Can I do that?

If you're just using the script, and not the actual recording, I don't think the YouTube algorithm will pick up on it or not. As to the actual legality of it, that's a grey area (assuming you're monetizing the video, if you aren't, don't worry about it). If it's parody, that's technically protected by free use, but that sort of think is up to interpretation. Depending on who you ask, making a LEGO version of something is transformative enough to be legal.