Topic: The Lego Batman Movie: Your Thoughts?

Hello, I recently went to the Lego Batman movie. I was wondering what you guys thought of it. Did you think it was better than the Lego Movie? Worse? Have you seen it at all? I don't really know how many of you have seen it, but I thought there could be a place to discuss it. So......Share your thoughts away! mini/wink

Re: The Lego Batman Movie: Your Thoughts?

Dyland from the "What was the last movie you watched" topic wrote:

The most enjoyable cinema-going experience I've had in almost a decade has got to be...

The LEGO Batman Movie (2017)

Upon first introduction to Will Arnett's portrayal of Batman in The LEGO Movie, I wasn't a big fan. Most of his jokes just seemed to fall flat (sad, since I love a lot of Arnett's other film work... including his part in one of my favorite comedies of all time). However, here, in this film, everything seemed to work beautifully.

The comedy, while one or two jokes short of flawless, was a bit more to my tastes than what was in The LEGO Movie. Also, the action is well choreographed - and the rest of the animation is just as spectacular. The original score (a bit Hans Zimmer inspired, but, original enough to be differently original like in the Arkham games) and the marriage of lighting and cinematography were my favorite elements by far - evoking the certain feel that comics have much better than anything the MCU has ever offered... or the new DCU, for that matter.

The story, while a bit all over the place, really benefits from being for an animated film. Many, many elements (including most of the climax) would be unbelievably un-achievable in a live action film... So it's not surprising that as of now, The LEGO Batman Movie has a better rating than any previous Batman film on Rotten Tomatoes (aside from The Dark Knight).

As for dislikes, I had very, very few. Probably the only major negative of the evening had nothing to do with the film at all... it was the line-up of previews before the feature. 2017 looks like it'll be a bit dry when it comes to original Hollywood content... and there's bound to be even less passable films. (Definitely no greats... unless you add The LEGO Batman Movie to this list, that is)

Spoiler (click to read)

This film, similar to The Killing Joke film, has a Batman/Barbara Gordon relationship. However, unlike the other film I just mentioned, THIS relationship seems pretty mutual, (and, if anything, is just done for laughs). It doesn't leave an impression of bat-!@#$ on the mind either...

Also, I swear someone brushed up on their ForrestFire101 before making The LEGO Batman Movie... Something seems a bit familiar in this situation, don't you think? #ForrestDidItFirst

Overall, I'd give The LEGO Batman Movie an 8 1/2 out of 10, if not a full 9. Definitely the most worthwhile superhero film within about the last 5 or 6 years... and probably the most fun I've had at the theater since G.I. Joe: Retaliation! (which, even at that, was just above passable at best)

If you're on the fence about seeing The LEGO Batman Movie, go ahead and hop off, get yourself some tickets, and go watch the movie. You won't regret it.

I, personally, liked it more than The LEGO Movie!

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

Saw the movie last night with the kids who are all big fans of the Lego Movie (anything Lego really). My son Jordan is the biggest Lego Batman fan I know. All 3 of my kids gave it a 10 and enjoyed themselves from beginning to end as well as I. My wife was highly disappointed that Emmet was not there and didn't even make a cameo. Which for me didn't matter cuz I thought that there were enough funny characters. I didn't miss him at all. The writers they have over there at Lego bring out quality work and I'm looking forward to their next movie.

I saw it on opening night and it was pretty good.

I am supposed to put something here.

MachoCamacho wrote:

Saw the movie last night with the kids who are all big fans of the Lego Movie (anything Lego really). My son Jordan is the biggest Lego Batman fan I know. All 3 of my kids gave it a 10 and enjoyed themselves from beginning to end as well as I. My wife was highly disappointed that Emmet was not there and didn't even make a cameo. Which for me didn't matter cuz I thought that there were enough funny characters. I didn't miss him at all. The writers they have over there at Lego bring out quality work and I'm looking forward to their next movie.

Actually, Emmet did make a cameo at the beginning of the movie, when they introduced the infinite abyss of nothingness again. He was shown falling into it attached to the battery.

The LEGO Batman Movie is brilliant.  It is nothing less than the definitive portrayal of the Dark Knight.
As an entry into the LEGO Cinematic Universe, it stands up to the original LEGO Movie, but as a Batman film, it's quite possibly one of the best.

Please give the people who made this film your parents' hard earned cash by gracing your eyes and ears in the cinema with this lovely masterpiece.

I don't  think it was better than the  Lego movie  but it was better than what the trailer made it look, I really liked how they put theDaleks in it I think it made it a lot better

YouTube

I'm a Brickfilmer that loves smooth animation and attention to detail.

This movie was indeed an outstanding film, and quite honestly the input of so many villains imo makes it arguably the best batman movie ever! Now that they had done the lego movie I think that they were certainly a lot more prepared and knew a lot more about how to achieve certain aspects. My only one criticism would be that I think they left too much time to make the credits, judging by the amount of animation that was put into that mini/tongue but nevertheless I will definitely get this on DVD when it becomes available mini/bigsmile

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?