Re: LEGO Rebrick Contests

Haha mini/lol aperently the people at LEGO running this contest don't video

- Please make sure your video is in .MOV, .AVI, .MPEG, MP4, or WMV with the technical specs 1920x1080, ProRes 422 HQ or DNXHD, 24fps

How on earth can you have a .MPEG, .MP4, or .WMV file encoded in ProRes or DNXHD???

edit; also it seems like no one in the comments can read the rules b/c most of there questions are answered, although it is possible that LEGO added more info afterwards.

second edit; If anyone needs a ProRes version of their film to submit, I would be happy to encode it for them, just shoot me a PM or something and I'll see what I can do.

Last edited by MarkNelsonMovies (April 6, 2017 (09:11am))

http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B-S9Gk-8REITRVJVQXVwZkdBRk0
“But the enterprise in which I’m about to embark on is fraught with imminent peril.”

I only liked the first two episodes of the tv show, but I might just enter because of the sweet prizes.

I am supposed to put something here.

I wish I could enter because I LOVE Ninjago and there's really awesome prizes, but I don't have any sets. mini/sad

You know, depending on the idea you can come up with, you don't necessarily need to have all that many Ninjago sets to create a good entry. I only have a few Minifigs from sets that came out back when the line first started. As such, I'm trying to base my idea around something that doesn't require a whole lot of Ninjago stuff. As the contest rules stated, you can base you're entry around the "citizens of Ninjago", which opens things up a bit to use other kinds of Lego if you don't have as much from Ninjago. Just a thought.

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]

Chris W. wrote:

I really regret not making an entry into the contest for The LEGO Movie and I don't want to make that same mistake again.

I had the same unfortunate issue, so if my timetable allows it, I will. I really like Ninnjago, however I have only got sets from the pilot mini series with the skeletons (most of my ninja go stuff was the awesome spinners) and while I have continued to watch the TV show, I have not got a lot of Ninjago stuff purely because other themes have interested me more, such as LOTR and Minecraft, which have taken up the budget that would otherwise have been spent on Ninjago. Luckily, I do have quite a few minifies from some of the most recent stuff, as well as other small things I have managed to get from the entire theme throughout the years.

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

I went out and bought two Ninjago sets today. One of them was even reduced by a third. Now I gotta make an entry.

This Ninjago contest sounds fun! I might make a entry. Plus the grand prize is sweet!

Real Love is Sacrifice, a choice to Love others more then yourself and to put their needs before yours.

Brickman wrote:

I wish I could enter because I LOVE Ninjago and there's really awesome prizes, but I don't have any sets. mini/sad

You don't need any sets at all. I'm actually choosing to use brick-built ninja heads rather than minifigures even though I have access to several of the sets.

There's going to be so many entries, and most are going to use minifigures, so I think it's important that your video stands out from the crowd.

The Rebrick Twitter account just tweeted this out. I went to check the contest page again and saw this:

In addition to tai chi at sunrise, getting a tan on Ninjago beach or having a bite at one of the festive culture-blending food carts, the one thing all Ninjagans have in common is the need to rebuild their city after the Evil Lord Garmadon attacks (and the Ninjas defend their city with their giant vehicles and mechs, typically destroying many structures in the process!) This happens frequently so LOTS of rebuilding is always taking place. Ninjagians take the destruction in stride, rebuilding their city with flair and always a dose of LEGO humor.

Was this always there? I could swear this aspect is new. I'm glad I have been procrastinating pretty hard now.

I think they changed it. Some people already working on there entrys. Couldn't they have waited?  mini/dizzy  PS: The troll smillie hasn't been working.

Yeah that's definitely new. It was originally supposed to be more of an Act 1 thing showing normal activities in Ninjago. Now it seems to be a cleanup effort. I too was procrastinating, but had a pretty good idea of what I wanted to make. Now... well, I'll have to change it up.

So now it's more of a rebuilding contest instead of a basic minifigure B-roll contest. ReBrick is fickle. (Though, most of the entries were fighting videos and TV Show Ninja doing things anyway so they were way off point either way mini/tongue )

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

This isn't new, I remember seeing that a few weeks ago when overviewing the details. I don't think I'll be getting an entry done for this. Life is too overwhelming. mini/no mini/dizzy

Life is like a box of LEGO, you never know what you're gonna build. - mrgraff

Well, it wasn't there when the contest started anyway.... unless I just didn't read it as well as I thought I did... mini/tongue

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

I may have just not read the description page, (being that I'm not really into ninjago and don't have the time to make an entry)
but boy do I not remember that being there. mini/confused

http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B-S9Gk-8REITRVJVQXVwZkdBRk0
“But the enterprise in which I’m about to embark on is fraught with imminent peril.”

It was there when the contest started. It also said that entries will be judged by the quality of the rebuilds (among other things), but that was a mistake and was corrected. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be about citizens rebuilding the city, but the rules say that you can also focus on the Ninja.

Last edited by bataton (April 28, 2017 (05:32pm))

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/341/32154997096_f26d8af45e_o.jpg

The "rebuilding" aspect was definitely not there at the beginning, because I pored over every detail of their prompt quite a few times when it came out to be sure I had a firm grasp of what they were looking for.

Last edited by thistof (April 28, 2017 (10:47pm))

https://bricksafe.com/files/thistof/hillbillyheist/TofAnimation.png

Yeah, I can confirm it's been there since the beginning. I've never seen an iteration of the page without that detail, been planning my entry around it.

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]

WOW, I'm glad this prompted me to check the rules again, I don't remember half of the stuff being there! I could have sworn the original deadline was May 20th, but with it being 10 days earlier I'm going to have to ramp up the pace. On the bright side, at least I get more time for the other upcoming brickfilm contests mini/tongue. Also, I hadn't't realised it had to be in 24fps, and since I do things in 15fps and have never tried 24, this is going to be one heck of a challenge mini/dizzy. I don't think I'll include any audio (seeing as it won't be used anyway) unless I have plenty of time left once I have finished animating. Interesting that it has to be about rebuilding, I've never tried making mini figures bold something before! I've managed to get most of the ninjas in some of their more recent costumes recently, so they will hopefully come in handy. I'm interested to see how they manage to integrate the brickfilms into the movie as well.

Thanks for the heads up Penta!

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

Have you tried 12fps thats what a lot of tv stuff is shot in. If you do 12fps its like 24fps in twos which should work. They can still edit it with 24fps footage, which is what I'm guessing there going for.

This world is a dark place. One day I will see my Savior face to face.
My Youtube

Okay, I will try what you suggested. Hopefully the end result will look good!

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?