Topic: "Spring Blossoms" - A BrickVideo Studio Contest

We have our winners!]

Congrats, and thanks everyone for making this another fun contest!

- Posted July 7, 2017

Original Post

http://bricksafe.com/files/FilmsByDan/brickvideo/contest-02/_Logo%201_Guy%20pushing%20mower%20CROPPED%20Banner.png/800x281.jpg

Here we go again, folks!

"Fooled" was a huge success, so we're excited to offer this next contest called "Spring Blossoms." The prizes are even better this time around, and we added a new category - Fan Favorite. Make sure to read all of the details as there are a few changes from last time.

Theme

"Spring Blossoms"
This theme is all about spring - think sunshine, flowers, yard work, cute fluffy animals, etc.  We encourage you to be creative in how you interpret the theme, and just be sure to follow the rules outlined below. To get some inspiration, watch this video.

Deadline

June 24, 2017 @ 11:59pm GMT
Check here for your local timezone

Rules

• YOU MUST INCLUDE a flower/plant in your video. There are many LEGO pieces that would satisfy this requirement.

• Use LEGO or other building-block toys.

• Keep it kid-friendly - no mature/explicit content. This includes: swearing, excessive/gory violence, overt sexual content, and blatant drug references.

• No Copyrighted music - check out our resources page for links to free music and sound effects.

• Try to avoid existing franchises (Star Wars, Batman, etc.) - be creative!

• To keep things fair, please only submit videos made specifically for this contest.

Prizes

1st Place - 250 Mini Bucks & a Roku Player ($30 value)
2nd Place - 200 Mini Bucks
3rd Place - 150 Mini Bucks
Fan Favorite - LEGO Minifigure
Additionally, all entries will be featured on the BrickVideo Roku Channel

50 Mini Bucks = 5GBP
Mini Bucks generously provided by Minifigures.com. Be sure to check out their awesome selection of custom minifigs! Learn more about Mini Bucks here.

http://bricksafe.com/files/FilmsByDan/brickvideo/contest-01/MiniFigures.com_Full-Colour.png/400x275.jpg

Judging Criteria

Originality
Production values (animation, set design, cinematography, sound, etc)
Story
Interpretation of theme and inclusion of plant/flower element

Judges

Don Potratz - Co-founder of BrickVideo
Daniel Utecht (myself) - Co-founder of BrickVideo & Owner of Plastic Planet Productions

We will also have a public voting process so people can pick the fan favorite. In the case that the fan favorite is also one of the top three winners, that person will have their choice between the prizes, and then whatever is left will go to the next highest scoring fan favorite, and so on and so forth. Only one prize will be awarded per entry. We plan to have a ranked voting system as we feel this will ensure the fairest results.

Submitting videos

Submit your videos through the Dropbox at the bottom of the contest page.
Please include the video's title, description, your name and a YouTube link (if available).
There will be a list of received entries on the site.

FAQ

Can I submit more than one video?]
Yes, submit as many as you'd like, but keep in mind you can only win one prize. We reward quality over quantity, but if you feel up to making multiple entries, then go for it!

Can I submit an old video?]
No, that wouldn't be fair to everyone else, so please only submit videos you've made since the contest first started on April 9, 2017. We reserve the right to disqualify anyone suspected of cheating. Please be honest about your entries. Thank you!

Am I allowed to upload my video to YouTube?]
Yes, please do! You can share it online at any time. If you prefer to wait until the contest is over, that's fine too.

Is this a worldwide contest?]
Yes, anyone can enter.

To learn more about BrickVideo and our goal to bring top-notch brickfilms to the Roku platform, visit our website.

While not required, we encourage you to download and use this poster image in your video. You are allowed to make modifications to this image to suit your needs.

We can't wait to see what you create! Have fun, and let us know if you have any questions.

Last edited by Daniel (July 7, 2017 (12:17pm))

Re: "Spring Blossoms" - A BrickVideo Studio Contest

I enjoyed "Fooled" a lot. This seems like an even better theme. definitely planning on entering.

-Brickman

I think the success of the first contest presses the need for improved prizes, and improved prizes we have. I already have a couple projects in line on the waiting list, but I should be able to do something for this too. The extended deadline helps a lot.

Life is like a box of LEGO, you never know what you're gonna build. - mrgraff

This looks like a great contest, I absolutely love the promotional video. I'll have a decent amount of free time in the coming weeks so hopefully I can put together an entry.

Wow, the theme is very specific, so this is going to require a lot of creative energy! Can't wait until I start mine mini/smile the prizes seem to be very good this time too.

Last edited by Dragon Brick Studios (April 11, 2017 (04:41am))

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

Great to hear that the deadline is quite far away, I'm getting a new camera in a few weeks, so I suppose this will be a great test of it's power! mini/smile

mini/jaw mini/jaw mini/jaw mini/jaw mini/jaw mini/jaw mini/jaw  I CAN'T BELIEVE I DIDN'T THINK OF THIS EARLIER!!!

I've had a really awesome idea in my head ever since THAC XIV, and was originally going to use it however it did not fit with the theme, but it would be perfect for this!! It is also a very unique take on the flower thing in my opinion, so I hope I can do it in time mini/smile sorry, but I don't want to spill the bricks on any of the storyline mini/shifty

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

This looks like a fun contest! I might even enter!

Everyone, I'd encourage you to try your hand at non-minifigure animation. Do something fun and brickbuilt!

Nathan Wells wrote:

This looks like a fun contest! I might even enter!

Everyone, I'd encourage you to try your hand at non-minifigure animation. Do something fun and brickbuilt!

I love the enthusiasm and suggestion! Creativity is the name of the game.

Hopefully our contests won't conflict too much. I know BiM has a few on the horizon. We want to offer as many as we can without interfering with yours or overburdening brickfilmers.

The more contests, the better!

I hope to be able to enter this too... If only I could think of an idea...

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

I've got an idea, and per Nathan Wells, it is gonna be more brick-based and less minifigure based. Once my finals are finished and I'm back to my Lego collection, I'll whip something together!

Although mine is going to include minifigures, some of you may be pleased to know that the main character is brickbuilt, albeit not a brickbuilt minifigure... mini/wink

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

Just a reminder that you have one more month to submit an entry to "Spring Blossoms." I look forward to seeing what you all come up with mini/bigsmile

haha. One month. For me, I only have two weeks because of other commitments and I'm only just starting animating xD

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

Great I have been looking for something to animate for a while.

I am supposed to put something here.

Just to clarify, is it okay if people die from lasers? (There would not be any sort of blood involved or anything else of that nature).

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

I need to get started...!

Life is like a box of LEGO, you never know what you're gonna build. - mrgraff

VN wrote:

I need to get started...!

Ditto. I've been meaning to start animating this whole week and I still haven't started.

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

Dragon Brick Studios wrote:

Just to clarify, is it okay if people die from lasers? (There would not be any sort of blood involved or anything else of that nature).

Yes, if you keep it around a PG rating, you should be fine.

I really want to enter, but I don't think I have enough time. I also don't have any Ideas.