Topic: FOLLOW-UP: When would you like BRAWL and summer contest to take place?

This is a follow-up to the previous topic here. I decided to close the previous thread and restart conversation here because of several errors I made in the poll, and an additional solution suggested by Smeagol.

Ideally, we would like to not have the summer contest and BRAWL running at the same time. We have three possible solutions.

Option 1: BRAWL runs from May 27 to June 3, and the summer contest runs from June 5 to September 5 (3 months long)

Option 2: BRAWL runs for a week in early June, and the summer contest runs from July 1 to September 30 (3 months long)

Option 3: BRAWL runs sometime in June, and the summer contest runs from June 1 to August 31 (3 months long) (and the contests overlap)

Please vote and voice your opinions in the thread. My apologies for essentially tossing out the previous poll. If we don't reach a consensus here we'll adhere to the results of the previous poll. This poll will run for 7 days.

Re: FOLLOW-UP: When would you like BRAWL and summer contest to take place?

I voted for the third one. Both are in the summer so people will have more time to work on their entries.

Last edited by Alaberria (May 3, 2017 (11:05pm))

No worries, Nathan. I'm glad you tossed out the other poll. Having the three options (the two original ones sans mistake, and Smeagol's suggestion) will probably better clear up the general site consensus...

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I understand that having the two contests overlap will discourage some from entering one/the other. However, I personally think having the overlap is a great thing.

Anyone who can't enter BRAWL has the longer summer contest to look forward to, and those who don't have any ideas for the summer contest can whip up something quicker for the heavily time-constrained BRAWL.

Perhaps BRAWL doesn't need to overlap with the summer contest, although I think that most brickfilmers (especially the newcomers) would appreciate more options for contests over summer rather than just one... That way, no one can miss out due to a conflict with schedule.

Last edited by Dyland (May 1, 2017 (03:21pm))

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

I voted for the third option. The overlap may be a problem to some, but it really shouldn't. And I think entering both should be encouraged in the promotion of the summer contest and BRAWL.

I also chose it based on the timing for both college and high school students. For college students, most head back to college mid-to-late August (myself included), so August 31 being the end date would give them the most time to work on it. And for high school students, many get out in mid-to-late May, while others get out in mid-June. (And this is all from the U.S. perspective.) So I believe the third option would provide the most time for both groups.

That's only from my perspective, however. I know there are other demographics and angles to look at it from, but that's just what influenced my personal voting.

I agree with everything Chris said. While I voted for the 1st option, since it's a convenient time for me, I would have zero problem with the third one. The overlap has never seemed like that huge of a problem to me. It's a quick week you can use to work on something small to the side as a break from the larger, summer project. To me, that's a pretty decent deal, but I know there are others that would feel it be less than ideal.

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]

I voted third as it would be preferable (since I won't be able to do any animation whatsoever from May 27th - June 12th) and I didn't vote for the second option because since it says that BRAWL would be in early June I'm assuming that it would start before June 12th. I have never entered BRAWL before, and I have a really good idea so I would very much like to participate this year mini/smile

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

I voted for the third option, as well.
I'll be out travelling for 4 weeks from June to July on film related work, and with August practically free it would be good to try and actually finish an animation for once. (I also purchased a bunch of equipment too for stop-motion, so I just need to put it to good use)

Second Option for sure

I would love to do the option three. that would best fit my schedule.