Topic: Free Stop-motion Software Help Needed!

To make long story short, I have no trust worthy free stop motion software to use. I tried everything in rioforce's free software list and nothing has worked for me. I use windows ten. If I can't find something I'll have to wait 8 months for dragon frame. mini/jaw

Mod edit: Amended title to be more descriptive.

Last edited by rioforce (April 10, 2017 (10:21am))

Re: Free Stop-motion Software Help Needed!

Personally Heron Animations works for me so I'm not sure what to tell you.

"Of course I'm lucky, I'm a leprechaun!"-Fred the Leprechaun
I hope no one has realized I like emojjies mini/shifty

If Heron or Boats doesn't work, You could try this https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p … zdncrdk52q
I don't know why the reviews are so bad, as the iOS version is the best stop motion app I have ever used, but I don't have anything with windows 10 to test it on.  As far as the people griping about the in app purchases, they're just being entitled. You get what you pay for, and you shouldn't just expect someones hard work for free. The $4.99 I payed for the iOS version was well worth it. rant over   I'd download it and give it a shot, if it works well you could consider upgrading, if not I don't know what else to suggest.

http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B-S9Gk-8REITRVJVQXVwZkdBRk0
“But the enterprise in which I’m about to embark on is fraught with imminent peril.”

I liked Heron but it had this glitch that closed the tab when you tried to export. And about Stop Motion Studio, I've secretly really wanted to use it. But how. The only mobile device I have is a Nexus 7. The one with the inner camera. But, the big question is, can it support webcams? And be downloaded on a microsoft ten laptop

The link I gave you should work on a PC (laptop, desktop, all-in-one, or even surface) with Windows 10 or Windows 8.1 and a web cam. It's free to download and try the basic version, so you might as well give it a shot.

http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B-S9Gk-8REITRVJVQXVwZkdBRk0
“But the enterprise in which I’m about to embark on is fraught with imminent peril.”

I'll let you know if it works.

Trust me, don't listen to the reviews, it's people who either somehow don't know how to use the app (despite it being easy to use when I used it on a phone) or are using a terrible device. All of my animations on my channel have used stop motion studio on an iPhone 6, and the video quality is not terrible. That's just limited by what device you are using. Stop Motion Studio has an amazing customer service from my experience, and a great variety of SFX, music etc. and it allows you to use your own songs from iTunes I believe. I will admit it is not great on the VFX side, which is why I had to download a different app to get some, however they recently improved their green screen options and now it is actually a really good green screen judging by the little cost you have to pay. Also, their masking option is really good, and the app also has all of the simple features like copy/paste, onion skinning, select, record, change fps, etc. etc.

I would definitely recommend getting it and see what you think. mini/smile

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

I downloaded it for windows ten. It, for whatever reason, won't register the webcam, ir even the built in camera. I tried again later and still it didn't work. Any ideas? PS: I had figured out how to avoid most of the Heron glitchs.

I unfortunately have never used a webcam before, but the fact it isn't cooperating with the in-built camera is strange. I'm an Apple user, so I can't help with any issues about Windows 10, sorry mini/sad Good to know that you have sorted out most of the heron glitches though mini/smile

EDIT: It does say here that it supports webcams, so it should work. What device are you using? And how old is it?

Last edited by Dragon Brick Studios (April 12, 2017 (03:13am))

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

Sorry for the late reply. I use an HP EliteBook 8460, and I shoot with a C920.

Okay, that should be fine as long as it can run windows 10 well. Not sure what the problem is, sorry mini/sad

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?