Re: Developers/Programmers Needed! Let's create a stopmotion program!

That is unless biscuit was a web app that ran offline using its own browser. I've heard of a few programs that do this to success. Using web technologies would definitely be good for cross platform compatibility and make customisation easier. It would also be better than having to use ruddy java.

Although I question if a web app would be able to provide all the functionality that we want and also whether its performance would be particularly great.

EDIT: I've been looking around and it looks like HTML 5 and the getUserMedia api may be able to create a program of this type using web technologies.

Last edited by BoatsAreRockable (July 3, 2014 (04:45am))

Boats Animator
Free stop motion software with 1080p support!
YouTubeBrickfilms WikiBoats Animator

Reply to lavamation

Yeah and if multiple people were using the program at once, if would hog down the servers to the point of crashing

A webapp would work and I do know HTML, CSS, Javascript, SQL, PHP, and many other web languages but it would need to save to the device some how. And like what tenny said it would slow down the servers.  I sadly don't know much of the more complex languages, I don't know Java I know a bit of Python, C, C++, and Obj-C. And I have mastered the useless Batch language. Also going along with restarting the project I think we should change the name as well because I have no idea why Biscuit was used.

Last edited by lunears (July 3, 2014 (11:21am))

http://i.imgur.com/KeUIjEo.png

So I got really bored today and decided to create this:
http://webstopmotionanimator.net78.net/

It is extremely basic and mostly a weird jigsaw of code from websites and I hope BISCUIT is 100s of times better but I created it as a proof of concept of what can be done with the web. I also hope that what I learn from my own little project will give me knowledge to eventually help work on BISCUIT.

Boats Animator

BoatsAreRockable wrote:

So I got really bored today and decided to create this:
http://webstopmotionanimator.net78.net/

It is extremely basic and mostly a weird jigsaw of code from websites and I hope BISCUIT is 100s of times better but I created it as a proof of concept of what can be done with the web. I also hope that what I learn from my own little project will give me knowledge to eventually help work on BISCUIT.

This is a pretty interesting concept. I know this isn't meant to be much but if you were to add something I would recommend a playback option.

The web app looks pretty cool, but I recommend not requiring internet to run it. So an offline web app. My idea requires the user to download all the HTML, PHP, and JavaScript code, and load up one of those pages in their browser. All the code would be on their computers and we wouldn't have to worry about server hosting and they wouldn't have to worry about being online.

That's looking good for an early alpha.

What languages are there for an offline app that people download? I could have a look and see if I can build anything. Maybe the dragonframe coding is open?

Edit: this is the code from a take made in dragonframe. I'm not sure if anyone can make anything of it. It's a .xml file.

<scen:scene aspectMaskOpacity="1" gridOpacity="100" xmlns:scen="http://caliri.com/motion/scene" videoCompressionLevel="94" aspectMaskSafeHorizontal="0" aspectMaskShow="true" stereoExposureL="1" fps="15" aspectMask="1.777777777777778" xsheetPaperWidth="11" stereoExposureR="1" aspectMaskOutline="false" aspectMaskCrosshairs="false" aspectMaskSafeVertical="0" maskPushInSliderEnabled="false" tvOverlayFitWidth="false" frameIncrement="2" cameraOperator="" endFrame="159" aspectMaskText="false" aspectMaskSafeOpacity="0">
  <scen:captureSource>Nikon D7000</scen:captureSource>
  <scen:videoSource>Nikon D7000</scen:videoSource>
  <scen:pass dmx="" color="-13092808" automatic="true" name="X1">
    <scen:cameraSettings camera="Nikon D7000" exposureValue="30">
      <scen:setting value="5.6" property="Aperture"/>
      <scen:setting value="1/8" property="Shutter Speed"/>
      <scen:setting value="100" property="ISO"/>
      <scen:setting value="Standard" property="Picture Control"/>
      <scen:setting value="JPEG Fine" property="Compression Level"/>
      <scen:setting value="L(4928*3264)" property="Image Size"/>
      <scen:setting value="Incandescent" property="White Balance"/>
    </scen:cameraSettings>
  </scen:pass>
  <scen:xnote name="NOTES"/>
  <scen:edl>
    <scen:vframe file="1" vframe="1"/>
    <scen:vframe file="3" vframe="3"/>
    <scen:vframe file="5" vframe="5"/>
    <scen:vframe file="7" vframe="7"/>
    <scen:vframe file="9" vframe="9"/>
    <scen:vframe file="11" vframe="11"/>
    <scen:vframe file="13" vframe="13"/>
    <scen:vframe file="15" vframe="15"/>
    <scen:vframe file="17" vframe="17"/>
    <scen:vframe file="19" vframe="19"/>
    <scen:vframe file="21" vframe="21"/>
    <scen:vframe file="23" vframe="23"/>
    <scen:vframe file="25" vframe="25"/>
    <scen:vframe file="27" vframe="27"/>
    <scen:vframe file="29" vframe="29"/>
    <scen:vframe file="31" vframe="31"/>
    <scen:vframe file="33" vframe="33"/>
    <scen:vframe file="35" vframe="35"/>
    <scen:vframe file="37" vframe="37"/>
    <scen:vframe file="39" vframe="39"/>
    <scen:vframe file="41" vframe="41"/>
    <scen:vframe file="43" vframe="43"/>
    <scen:vframe file="45" vframe="45"/>
    <scen:vframe file="47" vframe="47"/>
    <scen:vframe file="49" vframe="49"/>
    <scen:vframe file="51" vframe="51"/>
    <scen:vframe file="53" vframe="53"/>
    <scen:vframe file="55" vframe="55"/>
    <scen:vframe file="57" vframe="57"/>
    <scen:vframe file="59" vframe="59"/>
    <scen:vframe file="61" vframe="61"/>
    <scen:vframe file="63" vframe="63"/>
    <scen:vframe file="65" vframe="65"/>
    <scen:vframe file="67" vframe="67"/>
    <scen:vframe file="69" vframe="69"/>
    <scen:vframe file="71" vframe="71"/>
    <scen:vframe file="73" vframe="73"/>
    <scen:vframe file="75" vframe="75"/>
    <scen:vframe file="77" vframe="77"/>
    <scen:vframe file="79" vframe="79"/>
    <scen:vframe file="81" vframe="81"/>
    <scen:vframe file="83" vframe="83"/>
    <scen:vframe file="85" vframe="85"/>
    <scen:vframe file="87" vframe="87"/>
    <scen:vframe file="89" vframe="89"/>
    <scen:vframe file="91" vframe="91"/>
    <scen:vframe file="93" vframe="93"/>
    <scen:vframe file="95" vframe="95"/>
    <scen:vframe file="97" vframe="97"/>
    <scen:vframe file="99" vframe="99"/>
    <scen:vframe file="101" vframe="101"/>
    <scen:vframe file="103" vframe="103"/>
    <scen:vframe file="105" vframe="105"/>
    <scen:vframe file="107" vframe="107"/>
    <scen:vframe file="109" vframe="109"/>
    <scen:vframe file="111" vframe="111"/>
    <scen:vframe file="113" vframe="113"/>
    <scen:vframe file="115" vframe="115"/>
    <scen:vframe file="117" vframe="117"/>
    <scen:vframe file="119" vframe="119"/>
    <scen:vframe file="121" vframe="121"/>
    <scen:vframe file="123" vframe="123"/>
    <scen:vframe file="125" vframe="125"/>
    <scen:vframe file="127" vframe="127"/>
    <scen:vframe file="129" vframe="129"/>
    <scen:vframe file="131" vframe="131"/>
    <scen:vframe file="133" vframe="133"/>
    <scen:vframe file="135" vframe="135"/>
    <scen:vframe file="137" vframe="137"/>
    <scen:vframe file="139" vframe="139"/>
    <scen:vframe file="141" vframe="141"/>
    <scen:vframe file="143" vframe="143"/>
    <scen:vframe file="145" vframe="145"/>
    <scen:vframe file="147" vframe="147"/>
  </scen:edl>
  <scen:stereoSetup p1Enabled="true" p2Enabled="false" p3Enabled="false" p0="0" p1="10" p2="0" p3="0" leftEyeDominant="true" underslung="false"/>
  <scen:dmx3Setup liveViewX="0" liveViewY="0" soundLevel="0" liveViewWidth="0" logicIn="" logicOut="" relayEvent="">
    <scen:programs name="Global">
      <scen:channels expanded="false" locationX="0" locationY="0" light="0" name="LIGHT" showBadge="false"/>
      <scen:channels expanded="false" locationX="0" locationY="0" light="0" name="LIGHT" showBadge="false"/>
    </scen:programs>
    <scen:programs bash="true" name="Bash">
    <scen:programs parent="0" exposure="0" name="Program">
  </scen:dmx3Setup>
  <scen:mocoSetup simplePort="" kuperPort="" gomoEnabled="false" dmxPort="" simpleProtocol="" descPort="" stereoPort="" stereoPort2="" stereoPort3="" stereoPort4="" flairPort=""/>
  <scen:xsheetColumn subType="0" type="6" columnWidth="60"/>
  <scen:xsheetColumn subType="0" type="0" columnWidth="100"/>
  <scen:xsheetColumn subType="0" type="1" columnWidth="100"/>
  <scen:xsheetColumn subType="0" type="5" columnWidth="100"/>
</scen:scene>

Edit 2: I just found all the source files for dragonframe I have installed on my computer. We could rebuild it from the ground up, and make changes here and there.

Last edited by Kieren Barnett (July 3, 2014 (08:10pm))

http://www.cxpulp.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=874&amp;d=1279678499
The new KB Videos coming soon.

I dunno about using the dragonframe source files becuase...
A.  It would not be our creation.
B.  We would be stealing others creations.
We need to completly recreate the project new name, new topic, everything.
https://github.com/BiMStop/BiMStop
If you want to join the BiMStop organization ask me.

Last edited by lunears (July 3, 2014 (10:44pm))

Before completely starting again, can I suggest a few things?

• This time it needs to be much clearer what needs doing and who's doing it. (Also we need a new coordinator)

• Lets start simple and add advanced features later

• The location of source repositories must be very obvious!

• Personally I really like the name biscuit animator (and I remember that Repelling Spider made some lovely design assets). Also to answer your question lunears it turns out that this is why the name BISCUIT was used: http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/po … 1/#p298771

Could this new attempt be named BISCUIT 2 or something? (and have a new topic)

Also has it being decided that we are going to try and use web technologies? I understand that Java errors were a major problem last time. Web development is the only area of coding that I know so I'm willing to help out if so.

Finally, I am absolutely against the stealing of Dragonframe's source files.

Boats Animator

I didn't say steal it. Just take the main functions of the program and change them into our own program.

http://www.cxpulp.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=874&amp;d=1279678499
The new KB Videos coming soon.

Boat, the reason why Java didn't seem to work was the fact that the EDSDK (the software development kit for canon cameras) wasn't working with Java.

Maybe keep the name.  I changed the repo name to Biscuit but the organization is still BiMStop so if you want to join it on github and have access, just ask me.
EDIT: New Link: https://github.com/BiMStop/Biscuit
New Topic: http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/post/327337/

Last edited by lunears (July 4, 2014 (11:07am))

Bump.
Anyone still working on this? Or is this a dead project?

Biscuit is basically dead. The GitHub project hasn't been worked on in ages.

Instead, we have Boats Animator an Heron Animator if you like things made by people in the brickfilming world.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b