Re: Legolord Productions Asks

If you want to animate but need sci-fi stories, I have some scripts.  This offer is for anyone.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

I see that there is a variety of animation favorites, nice, very nice. I think it's time for a new question.

Legolord Productions
Subscribe for LLP Brickfilming Content

I'll be uploading Brickfilms that I have improved the most on per year on BricksInMotion

Next question: If there was an app for a Computer/Tablet that allows you to make custom minifigures (Ex. change/create faces, clothes, etc.) what or who would you like to make? (Meaning like celebrity or youtuber)

Legolord Productions

I'll be uploading Brickfilms that I have improved the most on per year on BricksInMotion

Well I am already very popular so I would make a custom fig of my self mini/sunnies

"Of course I'm lucky, I'm a leprechaun!"-Fred the Leprechaun
I hope no one has realized I like emojjies mini/shifty

Sir Snorlax, lol. I would want to make the game grumps in lego form. that would be awesome and I would love to make a game grumps animated episode with them.

My profile picture is deep fried lol

Is this still active? mini/confused

Legolord Productions

My most popular brickfilm is MRI Scanner Mayhem, but that is not my best animation. My best ones are a mixture of some of my most recent/upcoming animations mini/smile

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Animation, as is the actual animation bit, or do you mean our best brickfilm?
And best as in most well received, or best as in the one we are most proud of?

I know this could easily turn into a shameless bragging thread, but, for now, I like the idea. Seeing what people chose as their favorite personal film may be pretty cool, especially if it clashes with what we may normally think. The idea sounds familiar, but I couldn't find if we have ever done this before.

And assuming you mean the brickfilm that we are most proud of, I'd have to say: And Men Loved Darkness.

It isn't quite as polished and compact as some of my others, but it is by far my most ambitious, and I'd like to think it turned out pretty well. It has a strong moral message that is complemented well by the great visuals and most complex and layered sound mix that I'll probably ever attempt. The script could have gone through another draft, but otherwise, I'm really proud of the result.

Edit: The more I look at it, the more it seems like you may mean the actual animation bit.
If so, for whatever reason, I'm really, really happy with the way this turned out. It's fairly simple and short, but the physics turned out fantastic.

My favourite of yours is 'Missing Silver' and 'And Men Loved Darkness' mini/smile

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

rioforce wrote:

Best animation =/= most popular video.

My most popular brickfilm is an unlisted 2011 rip-off of Dylan Woodley's Viva La Vida music video. My most popular public animation is some weird building project also from 2011. But those are definitely not my best or favorite animations.

If I had to pick a favorite brickfilm, including story, lighting, and such, I'd say Sola Luna is my current favorite. However, I wouldn't say it's my favorite animation. It seems primitive compared to my most recent stuff. I don't really have a favorite "animation" (as in, the best animation I've done) because I am practicing with the use of tests and short films, thus, even though the animation may be good, it's not my favorite because it is simply a test.

I hope to change this in the near future and combine better animation with a good story.

P.S. Since this topic has to do with the discussion of films, I have moved it to General Film Discussion.

Out of your animations, I like your LEGO NINJAGO animations the most mini/smile I was also very interested by your BTS of 'Sola Luna' mini/smile

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

I have another question, what year did you start your Youtube channel on?

Legolord Productions

May 4, 2016. I celebrated my channel's first birthday recently mini/bigsmile

Still haven't really started it. mini/sad but I'm currently working on "Barry's Show", and once that is released I'm going to start trying to pick up the pace.

"Of course I'm lucky, I'm a leprechaun!"-Fred the Leprechaun
I hope no one has realized I like emojjies mini/shifty

I started up my channel and uploaded my first brickfilm on October 5th 2014, although I had been animating for roughly 2 years by then. Since then, I have taken a break from animating every now and again, totalling to 21 months mini/eek. So far, I have been on YouTube for just over 2.5 years, and have now been animating for about 3 years.

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

New Question: Which video on your channel has the most views?

Legolord Productions

By a wide margin, Benny n' Lee Halloween Special, with around 555,000 views. I'm really not sure why. It's most successful year was 2012, which is also a mystery to me.

Penta wrote:

By a wide margin, Benny n' Lee Halloween Special, with around 555,000 views. I'm really not sure why. It's most successful year was 2012, which is also a mystery to me.

Well, It got popular when the years go by, so, you did a great job. Congrats:3

Legolord Productions

Mine is a 30 minute Legend of Zelda brickfilm that I made in 2013 called The Legend of Zelda: Pathways of Time. It's far from my best work, but people really seem to like it and it still gets comments every now and again.

MRI Scanner Mayhem at 3000+ views (despite it probably being the worst - in terms of quality of animation - that I have on my channel mini/tongue) however, my Ninjago Rebrick entry for the Movie Contest is already at over 1000 views mini/eek

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

My most popular film at the moment seems to be Stan. Even though it's almost two years old, it continues to grow in views. It's the most viewed video on my channel and like many others have said, I don't know if I'd consider it my best. It's not bad, it just really lacks a good story in my opinion. However, some other videos are starting to catch up and most of them, to me at least, have far better narratives. I hope in the future to make a long and incredibly storied brickfilm that gains more views than Stan, but to be honest it's not that bad of a film to be my most popular.

My profile picture is deep fried lol

Brick Block Animations wrote:

My most popular film at the moment seems to be Stan. Even though it's almost two years old, it continues to grow in views. It's the most viewed video on my channel and like many others have said, I don't know if I'd consider it my best. It's not bad, it just really lacks a good story in my opinion. However, some other videos are starting to catch up and most of them, to me at least, have far better narratives. I hope in the future to make a long and incredibly storied brickfilm that gains more views than Stan, but to be honest it's not that bad of a film to be my most popular.

Good for you, you probably know this but you don't need to have a good script for a video if it surprisingly got popular. To let you know, most of the brickfilms on my channel have been created without a script, they were created simply with an idea and a vision that I had on my brain during the making of them. However, my new series, Coldrussmas, is one of the first animations to follow a script that I made before I started building the set and making the animation. My point is, you do great with a script that you write.

Legolord Productions