Re: Summer Contest: Spirit of Adventure

I'm so excited to start getting into filming. Script is almost complete and storyboard is done. Hope everybody is excited for the contest!! I know I sure am!!:D

My YouTube Channel

Keep Calm and Animate On!

I am , but before I get carried away , I just want to check if I'm allowed to use existing Lego sets in my film ie Detective office and also Ultra Agents Headquarters Truck and therefore any minifigures that are associated within the theme - No names are actually going to be mentioned in the script but obviously many people will recognise vehicles and figures from different themes - is this acceptable? Thanks mini/smile

DNAnimation

Yes, that sounds ok.

Just submitted my entry. Best of luck to everyone!

Alright everyone, I have started my film. I have a great idea and I think this one may bet me through. Good luck to everyone. and a future congratulations to the winners. LOL

This contest looks really fun and I wanted to enter but I just didn't quite have time. mini/sad

http://i.imgur.com/A3oOv74.jpg

You want something tasty? Have a LEGO B.L.T.!

I probably should have said this a while ago, but I'm going to just say I'm not entering because I've only had time to build all of the sets, and so there is no way that I will be able to do all of the animation in the remaining time. It's a shame, as I really liked the idea for the story, but I probably wouldn't have come close to winning this anyway mini/tongue

Now I have two lots of sets for brickfilms that I've discontinued mini/sweat

EDIT: I've just realised the contest ends on the 10th (I thought it ended on the 5th mini/lol), so I may actually have the time for it, but it is probably unlikely that I will be able to do something anyway. And you're right rioforce, entering is also fun to do, I just meant that if I didn't enter it would save any disappointment when I don't come in the top 10.

Last edited by Dragon Brick Studios (August 30, 2017 (03:30am))

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

The video doesn't have to be a giant epic, guys! It can be something short, simple, and sweet if you'd like. But don't give up if you still have the time and are able to do it. Just write a new story, or rework your current story to make it doable in a week. That's what these contests are for, really. Yes, it can be for your best work, but entering is half the fun, just to be involved in something larger in the community, and enhancing your skills. Working in a short time period is also good practice for THAC and BRAWL. mini/wink

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

The LEGO B.L.T. Pictures wrote:

This contest looks really fun and I wanted to enter but I just didn't quite have time. mini/sad

So did I. I even  wrote the script for it but unfortunately I don't think I can get it done before the deadline

YouTube

I'm a Brickfilmer that loves smooth animation and attention to detail.

rioforce wrote:

...you still have the time and are able to do it.

Absolutely! Think of it this way: As of right now, you still have almost twice as much time as you would for BRAWL, and you have about 12x as much time as you would for THAC! I wouldn't be surprised if half of the final entries haven't even started shooting yet. Never give up!

https://bricksafe.com/files/thistof/hillbillyheist/TofAnimation.png

Yes, there is still more than a BRAWL worth of time. As a previous last-minute entrant, I'd recommend trying to get something together; it's always fun to be involved.

Hello when submitting my film can i just send the BiM Message to the default BiM Contest:/

I'm not sure I understand the question, but I have successfully received your entry.

Hey,

Are you supposed to receive any kind of confirmation that your film has been successfully submitted?

Here is my entry, Quest for the Silver Chicken Part 8 mini/bigsmile

http://tinypic.com/r/x9frm/9

Life is like spaghetti.... actually... nope! It's not.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDbytf … mBCyVLtAbw

Just submitted my entry , can you receive it ?
This my first time join bricks in motion event ,  Best of luck to everyone ~~:)

excuse me i'm adding subtitles to my film. since the deadline hasn't passed yet can I re-submit my film

Well, I just sent my entry yesterday. I hope you receive it very well mini/smile

I have added a list of received entries to the first post that I will update as they continue to come in. If you aren't on it and should be, please let me know. Everyone who has said they have submitted has had their entry successfully received except for Angel Hair; please check your private messages.

I sent my entry. mini/smile
I'll do subtitles tonight on Youtube. mini/wink