Topic: Looking for a very specific decal

Hey! I need a decal for a brickfilm I'm working on, but I can't find it anywhere, so I was hoping that someone here could tell me where I could get one or if they know someone that's good making decals.
What I need is the torso design from the lego minifigures series 2 vampire, thanks.

Re: Looking for a very specific decal

Have you looked on Bricklink?

They have a listing for the entire minifig

and for the torso itself

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

rioforce wrote:

Have you looked on Bricklink?

They have a listing for the entire minifig

and for the torso itself

I don't have money at the moment, my idea is to make something similar to digital torso printings you used for princess storm.

Hey I have an idea what you can do cut out a piece of paper that is the exact same shape and size of the torso then drawing the decal with a technical pencil and color it in with markers or colored pencils then putting a piece of clear tape over it to prevent it from wearing out then glue it on the torso I've done it and it works great as you can tell from my avatar his body was drawn on

YouTube

I'm a Brickfilmer that loves smooth animation and attention to detail.

brickorbrack wrote:

Hey I have an idea what you can do cut out a piece of paper that is the exact same shape and size of the torso then drawing the decal with a technical pencil and color it in with markers or colored pencils then putting a piece of clear tape over it to prevent it from wearing out then glue it on the torso I've done it and it works great as you can tell from my avatar his body was drawn on

Actually, I already did something similar, it doesn't look that great in close ups and the black I used doesn't match the black lego plastic very well.

Hmm, yeah, printing would be difficult to match the colors. You can cover the paper with packing tape though to make it shiny if you do get the detail and color looking good.

As for what I did in my early tests for Princess Storm... I didnt really try it in different lighting or do it in depth, so it might not work as well as in theory. But I encourage you to try it for yourself. Basically all I did was add black dots on the corners for Blender plane tracking, and do the plane track (you can find tutorials online for that). I needed to add a custom mask of the original plate so I could make the arm go above the torso, but I never got that far.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Dang, Rio, that looks amazing! Tutorial?

https://bricksafe.com/files/thistof/hillbillyheist/TofAnimation.png

this too wrote:

Dang, Rio, that looks amazing! Tutorial?

Look up motion tracking tutorials on youtube.

somebody on eurobricks made the decal I was looking for! mini/bigsmile