Topic: Batman and Batgirl's ABC's: the Bat-Alphabet

Directory Link

Batman and Batgirl's ABC's: the Bat-Alphabet

YouTube Video

As you watch this video look for another word shown in the video that also appears in the photo. If you find one (or more) leave a comment telling us what you found.

Your comments and suggestions are welcomed.  We learned a lot over the course of this project.

Mod Note: Please refrain from double posting. Thanks!]

Last edited by Dyland (January 18, 2018 (02:08pm))

Re: Batman and Batgirl's ABC's: the Bat-Alphabet

I liked film, a good effort.

The easiest way to improve that I can suggest is to focus on the sound. Did you do the images or audio first? I think most people do the bulk of the audio, do the video, then tweak the audio.

Where you can improve is positioning of the microphone in relation to the actors' mouth. There were several parts where the audio became distorted and blown out because the actor was talking too loudly or too close to the microphone. Placing the microphone to the side will help record clean audio because the burst of air that comes out on hard syllables (like the first "p" in "pop") won't be creating wind noise. And when you know you're going to be recording louder speech (such as yelling) then place the microphone further away.

Smile and say hello to people. It costs you nothing and can brighten their day.

Thanks for the suggestions Dr Neo Lao.  We learned a lot over the 10 months we played with this project.   We actually did audio last but recorded it using the computer's built-in microphone.  I've now purchased an H1N microphone for future audio recording and we'll look to continue improving in that and other skills.

You've got the basics down pat, good place to start with.

Some of the best audio I've recorded was done just using a mobile phone (cell phone) and sitting in the back seat of a sedan. The seats, angled mirrors and tyres to dampen vibrations make a car an excellent recording studio (unless it's summer, middle of winter, small car, convertible, and so on!). A portable hand held means you'll be able to try recording in wardrobes, offices, mattress forts or any other place you can try out.

Where possible, try and record all the dialogue in the same place, and when recording dialogue remember to record some silence before / after lines so that you have ambient room sound reference material. Your audio program should have a noise removal option which (Audacity does, and it is free) which can help even out sound.

Good luck!

Smile and say hello to people. It costs you nothing and can brighten their day.

mini/bigsmile Great tips