Topic: Relaxing Lego Animated Fireplace

Directory Link

Relaxing Lego Animated Fireplace

YouTube

Great as a TV screensaver, bringing a unique personality to any room. You can even use this as inspiration and to set the mood while you animate with LEGO!

I'm really curious to hear what you guys think of this – I've been working on it for some time.

I plan to make more relaxing animations like this; I'd love to hear feedback on which of these would be most interesting to you!
1. Ocean waves
2. Campfire by the river
3. River
4. Rain on an abandoned, dimly lit street
5. Stream running over rocks
6. Waterfall
8. Thunderstorm

Re: Relaxing Lego Animated Fireplace

Hey looks so good! Did you animate it in real life all the 8 hours? It would take a looooong time to do frame by frame mini/eek. Or did you looped it? Or did you animate it with your pc? I'm very curious about it!

SanderCam wrote:

Hey looks so good! Did you animate it in real life all the 8 hours? It would take a looooong time to do frame by frame mini/eek. Or did you looped it? Or did you animate it with your pc? I'm very curious about it!

Thanks for the questions! I animated it in Blender using an addon that I developed called 'Bricker' (https://blendermarket.com/products/bricker)

It's a 45 second animation looped for 8 hours (45 seconds took 3 weeks to render - I can't imagine how long 8 hours would take mini/eek )

Very nice, and a great advert for your shader (does that count as a shader?) which I've bookmarked in case I ever figure out Blender.

https://bricksafe.com/files/thistof/hillbillyheist/TofAnimation.png

That looks sweet and initially I thought it was actual Lego. Great potential with this look.

thistof wrote:

Very nice, and a great advert for your shader (does that count as a shader?) which I've bookmarked in case I ever figure out Blender.

Thanks! Hah yes, I used the ABS Plastic Materials to make it look like real LEGO (that would be the shader), and then the Bricker addon to generate the LEGO animation from a fire simulation mini/smile

Robukka wrote:

That looks sweet and initially I thought it was actual Lego. Great potential with this look.

Thanks! Glad it fooled you mini/smile