Topic: The World of Brickfilms Podcast

https://i.imgur.com/XMUKKo8.png?1
It is with great joy that I announce the release of a brand new podcast series, hosted by me and my good friend Rafael of BlacksmithFilms.

Every other week, the two of us, accompanied by a special guest each episode, will have in depth discussions on brickfilms. Based around my two part series 45 Years - a World of Brickfilms, the show will revolve around showcasing classic, and sometimes pretty obscure brickfilms throughout its history, that we believe deserve more recognition.

The first episode will be released on Wednesday the 25th of April, and will feature Sillypenta as the episode's guest.

The show will be pre-recorded, so if you have any questions you would like featured on the show, reply to to this thread, or send me a tweet @LOTWStudios by Wednesday the 18th. Any questions submitted after that date will have to be answered in the following episode.

Watch my announcement video here!

Re: The World of Brickfilms Podcast

Alright this will be awesome!
Here’s a question I would like to see answered: “What is your opinion on the use of CGI in brickfilms?”
Thanks! Can’t wait for this!
(I’m also still pretty excited for AppMan season 2! mini/bigsmile )

Here is episode 1

Last edited by William Osborne (June 28, 2018 (01:34pm))

Alright!

Thanks to everyone who tuned in to the first episode of the World of Brickfilms Podcast. Episode 2 will feature Gregory and Garry Moore of Twickabrick and will air on Wednesday the 9th of May. If you would like your questions featured on the next episode, reply to this thread with your questions by Thursday the 3rd of May!

I watched the first episode, and I'm exited! I think what you're doing is very helpful and can benefit us all. Exited for episode 2!

Really dig the first episode, I'll definitely be listening to these.

Just realized I forgot to post the previous episode of the podcast here. Here they are:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_0JtjJCbCI

And here is a link to the playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_0JtjJ … 7pc2SR5LMn

Last edited by William Osborne (June 28, 2018 (01:38pm))

I keep forgetting to update this thread, but here's the previous episode with SuitedNinjaNerd as special guest:
https://youtube.com/wattch?v=PGtpcCMO2-U

And here's the new episode with Mindgame:

Last edited by William Osborne (June 28, 2018 (02:48pm))

Hooray! A brand new episode!

My profile picture is deep fried lol

Here's the new episode with special guest Steffen Troeger of Golego. We talk about minimalist brickfilms, the use of Technic and Homemaker figures in brickfilms, the different things that can spark inspiration and effective brick-built effects.

In this episode, we talk to Thomas Evans of Forlorn Creature about finding inspiration outside of brickfilming, making tutorials and destroying Lego for a brickfilm.

I'm moving the schedule of the World of Brickfilms Podcast to every other Friday. For the last couple of Eps, I've been finishing up the episodes on the same day that I've released them, and missed my 4pm GMT schedule, so from now on, I'll be releasing them the day after!

In this episode, we talk to winner of BRAWL 2018, Ben Young of Sonjira about his film Headloose, and talk in depth about the top 10 winning entries!

In this episode we talk to special guest Sean Willets of Filmyguy about the benefits of not using onion skinning, working with Forrestfire101 and his current work with Stoopid Buddy Stoodios.

In this episode we talk to Christof Munoz of Thistof about the aesthetic of using old Lego in brickfilms, his future with Digital Wizards and organizing A Brickfilm Christmas.

In this Septemberfest Special, we talk to James Morr of SpastikChuwawa about animating at a larger scale than minifigures, brickfilm fads and the origins of Septemberfest.

Also, the podcast is now available on Breaker, Google Podcasts, Pocket Casts, Radio Public, Spotify and Stitcher!

In this episode we talk to special guest Pantsahat about set design,  our favourite LEGO sets and how improving one aspect of your films encourages you to improve everything else.

In this Summer Contest special, we talk to special guests Garry Moore of TwickABrick and Alexi Volkov of Shawarma Studios, as we count down the Top 5 winning entries of Movie Magic.

In this episode we talk to special guest Paul Hollingsworth about his work with Digital Wizards, collaborating with a group of animators, and VR brickfilms.