Topic: Film Coming Out On June 9

Hello Bricks in Motion. So as you may have realized, I haven't posted any videos in a long time. For the last month or so I have been working on a film that will be completed on June 9. It will be four minutes and nineteen seconds. I haven't thought of a name yet, but I will tell you that it is going to be a music video dedicated to one of my family members. (I will tell you who on June 9. I have been planning for a very long time, and have filmed one minute and about twenty seconds or so. It is probably the most in depth film I have ever made. I am trying to match it to music as well make it have a feeling and emotion. June 9 is a sad and special date for my family, I will tell why on the videos release date, so I am putting a lot of effort into it for the person it is dedicated to. I am using my Samsung Galaxy S5 camera to film. It will be completed in a course of about four months. One month to plan, two months to film, and one month to edit, make the DVD case and put it on a cd. And no I am not selling it, I am doing all of this for one of my family members. If you have any ideas on how to make a Lego video very emotional please tell me. And please comment if you read this, I do want feedback and help for this video! Also, this summer, I will do my best to post a few new films for all of you.

Thanks for the support that anyone gives, (you know who you are!)

Re: Film Coming Out On June 9

Sounds neat! can't wait for this one!
Sometimes I find that the absence of dialouge can add to the emotion of a brickfilm, but that might just be me...

Thanks, I am using no dialogue, it is a music video with sad music, so I hope that that will create an emotional and kind of sad environment for the viewers!

Hello again, I just wanted to give everyone a quick update on the film I am working on. So, I will tell you, first off, the video is dedicated to my older sister. I know I said I would tell you guys in June, but I decided that I wanted to give a little bit of information about the video. Originally I was going to tell the whole story, but I decided that it would be better if I just let the video tell the story and really give people a feel of it. So I am at 2 minutes and 48 seconds so yeah, that is pretty cool.

Plan carefully. Since you want this to be an emotional film, what can you do to best express that vibe? A tear jerking score, smooth animation, and good shooting angles are some of the things that may help.

Sounds like a good plan, it's a great way to practice telling a story without the crutch of dialogue or narration, and they often come out very powerful. In my experience timing can make or break the mood and the intention of the scene. Give each shot enough time to read and emotionally register. It's easy to forget that you know your story, but your audience doesn't. Give them a chance to live in and experience each moment.

https://bricksafe.com/files/thistof/hillbillyheist/TofAnimation.png

ok, thanks for the advice, when it comes out, please tell me more of how to improve my films. Today I got to 3:12 for the movie I am working on for all of you who were wondering!

Last edited by Awesome4096 (April 25, 2018 (05:46pm))

Hello everyone, Zach Studios here! So my film is coming along nicely, I am almost at four minutes out of the 4:14 which is my goal. I hope I will be able to complete it as I am very busy up until summer starts. So like I said before the release date is June 9 I will put it on YouTube, and submit it on Bricksinmotion. I will give a link to both places once it is complete. I am very glad for this film I don't really have to worry about dialogue, getting voice actors, or really worry about sound effects because the music is kind of telling the story. The music I chose to use is called The Gospel by Ryan Stevenson, I am not sure how many of you have heard this song. It talks about even though we may be going through a hard time, we need to look to God for help. So this film is a sad one, but in the end, I think it has a positive outlook. Thankfully I will not be gone on June 9 so I will be able to release the film that Saturday. I really hope I can get it done because I want to not only get ready to submit it to YouTube, but also I want to make a case for it and put it on a CD then present it to my sister. What do you guys think, does that sound like a good plan? Please comment and tell me what you think

Ok, just a quick update on my film, it is all done being shot, I just need to spend time editing it, I hope all of you guys will like it once I release it. Also, I made a life-sized Lego Jurassic Park sign, as well as a new Zach Studios logo, the links are down below.

New Zach Studios Logo    https://youtu.be/7wk6ZqaQ1ow   
Lego Jurassic Park Sign    https://youtu.be/Mb8bsN7RV2w

No BTS pics? You're killing us!!
Congrats on wrapping the shoot mini/smile

Well, unfortunately, my BTS vids and photos got deleted by accident, so it was all lost, but I will do my best to pull some pics from the video. I will probably do this tonight, because I want you guys to see what's going on!! Sorry for the long wait: mini/sad mini/blankexpression

Looking forward to seeing this. Great work on the Jurassic Park sign!

Thanks, I am glad you like the sign!

Hello everyone again, so this Saturday, June 9, as promised, my film will be coming out. I will first post it to YouTube, then to Bricksinmotion, Brick a Brack etc.  I hope you all will enjoy this as it was difficult to make. As always, there are many things I wished could have been better, as I saw during the editing process this past week, but I do not have time to change it with my deadline so close. So I have the movie saved officially and is I have a DVD case to put it in and  I am finishing the cover for it. Once I give it to my family member, I will post it public as soon as I can, it will hopefully happen before 6 pm, but I can't make any promises. I let the music tell the story, ( I used the Gospel by Ryan Stevenson) which is a sad song, but also gives us hope at the end. So the film tells the story of how our dog, Mocha, who was a Maltese poodle mix was put down. Least year in 2017 on June 9. So one year later, I will surprise my family, mostly my sister with the story told in Lego. I really poured all of myself into this, and it was hard remembering such a sad time, which is why I chose the Gospel. It gives hope at the end of the song, and ends on a happy note, so I figured this was a good choice. Also this song played often after we put Mocha down when he got old and unhappy. I hope you all will enjoy this and I want you guys to know I did enjoy making this, and I hope it gives someone who is going through a hard time, some hope for the future. I can't wait until June 9th, but it is only three days away, WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!

Sounds really heartfelt. Can't wait to see it.  mini/smile

My profile picture is deep fried lol

Wow Zach, this sounds like a great subject, and a nice way to memorialize your dog for your family. As you mentioned it can also be cathartic for others to watch a cartoon with such in depth subject matter. Looking forward to finally seeing it!

Sorry to disappoint, but the film wont come out tonight, it may never come out, will explain more later, but there were some problems, so it may not come out, again I am sorry, but I gotta do what I gotta do I hope you all understand

Last edited by Awesome4096 (June 9, 2018 (06:47pm))

Hang in there, you'll figure something out.

Unfortunately, the decision was made (Not by me) that I will not post the video. I may talk to them about it but as of right now it will not be posted.

Oh, is it a rights thing? Who is them?