Topic: The Cleaners

Directory Link

The Cleaners

YouTube

Death is a messy business. Especially when you're the one dishing it out.

In this stop-motion homage to 1970s crime films, two hitmen race to clean up their latest job while searching for a piece of evidence that could threaten to unravel their entire operation. All while being tailed by a mysterious figure who shares a similar, ominous interest in finding what they're looking for.

Co-directed by Nathan Wells and myself, this one was a loooong time in the making. We're both really proud to finally get to show this one off, and we hope you enjoy!

Last edited by MindGame (June 9, 2018 (09:45am))

Re: The Cleaners

Impressive stuff well worth the wait and hype cycle. For some reason, it reminds me a lot of American Hustle.

The main thing that struck me was that I think this might be the best-looking brickfilm I've seen that doesn't rely on huge sets and scale to be visually striking and impressive. Which I think is a sign of maturity in y'all's filmmaking, because it takes skill to make something pretty intimate in scope feel impressive through technical and creative visual mastery.

Great work, congrats!

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

wow.

Really awesome. Loved every frame.

We're not sure to have understood everything, but great job, Zach and Nathan! mini/smile

This is absolutely stellar from a technical standpoint, well worth the wait. Everything from the lighting to the animation is fantastic, I kept finding myself replaying through parts in a slower speed just to see how it was done because the animation was so smooth. Even if the film is relatively simple plot-wise, it certainly makes up for it in execution. A very well done film.

Awesome work guys! Gave me a Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul vibe. Cool uses of practical effects and all the little details were nice. I was just a little disappointed in the length considering the lengthy production time, just coulda been so much more but we all know that's usually the case with stop motion films.

Life is like a box of LEGO, you never know what you're gonna build. - mrgraff

I have to agree that this brickfilm is just beautiful.  Every shot is so well put together and it's clear that you both put a lot of love into making this.  Like I said on Youtube, the only thing disappointing about this video is the fact that it ended!  On the bright side though, you've got a great starting point if you ever wanted to continue this into some kind of series.  Congrats to both of you, this is fantastic work.

Truly one of the best brickfilms ever. This was an instant classic from the moment it was released. And while none of the characters were very well-developed and weren't very likable, the story was excellent and intriguing, and kept us interested and excited to see what would happen next. It definitely held our attention, and the stunning animation and cinematography also helped with that. The lighting was brilliant, and every little frame had so much detail. The blood on the floor after the guy got shot in the head was especially well done. Hope to see a sequel, or at least more like this. It shows your guys' love for your craft, and every little bit of effort can be seen on screen. This is the kind of stellar work we've come to expect from you guys. 9/10.

For all your BrothersWaughStudios needs:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoIGzi … pAKtshbTbQ

Yes, I loved this film. The story is amazing too, but the cleverness of the shots was my favorite part. I don't think it would work out well to have a sequel, but I definitely would love something else like this.