Re: Summer Contest: Movie Magic [Submissions Closed]

So, would snakes from Ninjago still count as a licensed characters? I'm planning on using them as monsters in my film.

As long as you're not referring to them as whatever their names are in Ninjago or using their backstory from the line, including the snake figures is alright.

Looks cool, we hope to get an entry in on time.

For all your BrothersWaughStudios needs:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoIGzi … pAKtshbTbQ

Going to try and enter this! Hopefully I get this entry done in time!

Real Love is Sacrifice, a choice to Love others more then yourself and to put their needs before yours.

This might be my first contest

Glad to hear it, Cracked Plastic!

Well folks, where does the time go? Just checking in to remind everyone that we're entering the final month of production. Whether you've just started filming or you're putting on the last finishing touches, remember to get those entries in by the deadline!

Yeah... now would probably be a good time for me to start animating, considering how ambitious I’m making this film...

Submitted! mini/bigsmile

Is it fine if I give the unlisted link to my grandma, uncle, and best friend?

PlasticPointProductions wrote:

Is it fine if I give the unlisted link to my grandma, uncle, and best friend?

Yes, just don't release it publicly until the contest is over! mini/smile

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

If somehow miraculously I finish my video before the deadline I'll Enter. Maybe I can pull a brawl idk

Real Love is Sacrifice, a choice to Love others more then yourself and to put their needs before yours.

Are we supposed to reveal how we achieved/attempted an in camera trick? for example, if forced perspective is used, am I then expected to show a shot from a different camera angle, or is it a case of trying to achieve some results without necessarily showing how it was done ?

DNAnimation

If you have to show it... mini/jaw  I would be in big trouble.  It is not in the rules so I don't think it is necessary, though it would be fun to see how it was done!

PlasticPoint is correct. You don't have to show how things were done, but the site could always use more cool behind the scenes stuff for those up to making it.

Sorry if this seems stupid, this is our first contest, but, if we credit the original band/recording artist/composer, are we allowed to use copyrighted music?

For all your BrothersWaughStudios needs:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoIGzi … pAKtshbTbQ

The rules say that you are not allowed to use any copyrighted material unless you have proof that you have expressed permission.

Last edited by PlasticPointProductions (August 22, 2018 (03:46pm))

I'm afraid you cannot use copyrighted material unless you have permission from the copyright owner in writing. Just giving credit is not sufficient.

One week left to complete your entries! If you can, please try not to submit at the very last minute for your own sake since I can't guarantee the quality of your internet connection, etc. That said, the deadline is the deadline so as long as you meet it you're in the green.

I think I will enter with a film that was originally planned for the Summer Contest on Brick-a-Brack, but I hope it will work well on it's own. It should show a wide range of film techniques and wonderful shots - I hope I get it right! mini/bigsmile

Yetgo wrote:

I think I will enter with a film that was originally planned for the Summer Contest on Brick-a-Brack, but I hope it will work well on it's own. It should show a wide range of film techniques and wonderful shots - I hope I get it right! mini/bigsmile

Keep in mind that if you've already released the film publicly, it cannot be entered into this contest!

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b