Re: The LEGO Movie 2 Announced for 2019

It’s weird that saying “I’m excited for the LEGO Movie sequel” is mildly controversial in this thread. I wasn’t a big fan of the first trailer for TLM so really, the marketing means little to nothing to me.

MindGame wrote:

Also, I kinda think some of y'all may be reading into the "hapless male" gag a little too far, but that's just me.

Agreed. And frankly, even if it is a theme or subplot they run with, as long as it’s interesting and they have something to say, I’ll be happy.

thistof wrote:

It looked really cool until the "hapless male" part. Kids don't need to be poisoned by adults' bitterness about gender issues left over from the age of the dinosaurs. Give the next generation a fresh start and let them form their own perceptions. Treat boys and girls equally. For that reason my interest has waned sharply.

Well the first movie featured a lot of wildstyle being to more capable but in the end showing how emmet's abilities saved the day. So it's not a new plotline for the series. Also it's a friends doll from the sister's toys saying it, who is probably making a bunch of assumptions of her own which my guess is she will be disprove in the end, like wildstyle's doubt in the first. Though this is just speculation.

I think other films taking the hapless male gag too seriously has made you a bit too concerned with a simple gag in a trailer.

The thing about the "hapless male" gag, in addition to it being wrong, is that we've heard it a thousand times already, and most of the time, it wasn't a joke, so it becomes more annoying than funny.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/341/32154997096_f26d8af45e_o.jpg

The Lego Movie's teaser, as well as film, showcased all the great parts of Lego (minus Bionicle). Here, they're showcasing Lego Friends (which IS something new, yay), Duplo (I think), the main characters, and lots of dust.

I hope the movie is a movie for everyone, like the last one was. Part of what made TLBM and TLM so great was that they showcased so many characters from other franchises and themes. Now I didn't see TLNM but I'm betting it didn't have all these references.

Touching on the subject of the humor, I didn't laugh once. I did laugh during TLM and TLBM trailers, (not TLNM, which I don't feel like seeing). Maybe it's just cause I'm maturing, but I don't think that's entirely it. Maybe they're saving the good jokes and content for the next trailer and movie? I sure hope so.

The animation fails to add any personality or originality.

Please Lego, prove me wrong. mini/sweat

Click the image to visit my main channel.
Bimbanner
Extra Channel

Incredibles 2 really did it right, exploring gender roles and family in a subtle and respectful way. A great family movie for Fathers' day. They showed the Wreck it Ralph trailer too which had a slightly heavy handed moment in the princess scene, but lead up to a nice bait and switch with the gag.

https://bricksafe.com/files/thistof/hillbillyheist/TofAnimation.png

thistof wrote:

Incredibles 2 really did it right, exploring gender roles and family in a subtle and respectful way. A great family movie for Fathers' day. They showed the Wreck it Ralph trailer too which had a slightly heavy handed moment in the princess scene, but lead up to a nice bait and switch with the gag.

I agree. The Incredibles 2 was another nice Pixar film to add to the collection. My movie theater also played the Wreck it Ralph trailer as well as illuminations "Grinch" movie.

I'm really proud of these guys. One of the handful of franchises that have been consistent and have only improved. I love lego Batman. Will Arnett is hilarious.

So, when's The Lego Movie 3 coming out?

We actually enjoyed the first LEGO Movie way more than we expected. The LEGO Batman Movie wasn't great, though.

For all your BrothersWaughStudios needs:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoIGzi … pAKtshbTbQ

Truth be told, I'm not a fan of movie sequels. They just make the first part not that special, also they are mostly made for more money, in my opinion.

That's what people said about the first LEGO Movie before it came out and exceeded all expectations.

I'll probably skip this one. Still haven't had time to catch up and watch the Ninjago Movie - and that looks leaps and bounds more appealing than The LEGO Movie 2.

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

I can earnestly say that the Ninjago Movie was not worth my time nor money, all the magic and imagination and cleverness and heart of the first two LEGO films went out the window, and it was the first time any of these movies actually felt like a cynical cash grab in its execution. While it probably isn't the most awful movie released last year, it ranked fairly low in the year for me just for its utter dissonance from what I felt was a film franchise with a heart and soul not always seen in franchises of its ilk. It honestly felt like bottom of the barrel, straight to video trash.

While we obviously still haven't seen the second LEGO Movie yet, I don't have a very hard time imagining it'll be better than the Ninjago Movie.

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]