Topic: Webcam Advice - Logitech Brio or c920?

Hello,

I was looking to purchase a decent quality Web Cam to start off as I can't afford a DSLR at the moment unfortunately. I was looking at the Logitech Brio 4K Webcam and also the Logitech c920 Webcam. I'm not sure which one is better overall.

My gut feeling is to go for the 4K Webcam as I assume that'll provide better quality images however I'm quite naive when it comes to these type of things. I would also be looking to get Dragonframe as well to control the webcam.
Which one do you guys think would be the best to go for?

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Daniel mini/smile

Last edited by DanielNvL (November 21, 2018 (07:26am))

Re: Webcam Advice - Logitech Brio or c920?

Hmm, I've never heard of the Brio 4K, but it looks nice. However, you should think of your PC specs, because what good is a 4K webcam if your PC crashes every time you work with 4K? mini/smile

Raytistic wrote:

Hmm, I've never heard of the Brio 4K, but it looks nice. However, you should think of your PC specs, because what good is a 4K webcam if your PC crashes every time you work with 4K? mini/smile

Thanks for the reply mini/smile Yeah that's true! You can set it to 1080p I think however I'm unsure on what the best webcam is as an alternative instead of DSLR and that's the most expensive webcam I saw so I assumed it was the best mini/lol I think my PC would be cope with 4K as I upgraded my graphics card to the RTX 2070 for gaming.

Do you think I should go for the Brio or another webcam? Sorry for the questions. Any reply would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Daniel mini/smile

I'd totally go for the Brio if you can afford it. You don't have to set it to 4k, and even if you do, most computers can process 4k photo sequences if you're using a good editor (even if you don't render in 4k). I hear the dark lighting quality is better on the new one. Less grain and stuff. So yeah, seeing as the c920 is a last generation webcam, if you have the money, get the Brio.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

rioforce wrote:

I'd totally go for the Brio if you can afford it. You don't have to set it to 4k, and even if you do, most computers can process 4k photo sequences if you're using a good editor (even if you don't render in 4k). I hear the dark lighting quality is better on the new one. Less grain and stuff. So yeah, seeing as the c920 is a last generation webcam, if you have the money, get the Brio.

Alright thank you for the reply! Will give it a go mini/smile

From what I've heard, the Brio doesn't look as nice as the c920 - something about quality being sacrificed for bigger image size. Look up some comparisons first, before you purchase either one.

Although, if you do go with the Brio, please share what it's like/some example pictures in action! I'd love to potentially get it some time in the future if it indeed would be more useful than the c920. mini/smile

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

Dyland wrote:

From what I've heard, the Brio doesn't look as nice as the c920 - something about quality being sacrificed for bigger image size. Look up some comparisons first, before you purchase either one.

Although, if you do go with the Brio, please share what it's like/some example pictures in action! I'd love to potentially get it some time in the future if it indeed would be more useful than the c920. mini/smile

Thanks for the reply! Yeah I'll have a good look at the quality differences before purchasing the Brio mini/smile