Topic: Life (THAC XVI)

Directory Link

Life (THAC XVI)

YouTube

The existence and discovery of life is an important impact to any galaxy. Will there be life on this strange planet? Go find out!

Made in 24 hours for THAC XVI

Re: Life (THAC XVI)

The disciibtion of this starts like a documentary, then it goes to a philosophical question, and then it finally reveals what it is!

Nice describtion, and the film is even greater! I saw a lot of strange crazy films at THAC this year, but I guess yours is the most unique of those I saw in terms of it's presentation and the overall feeling it gives!

This is a really interesting entry. Between the music and the visuals it feels a lot more experimental or art house-like than most entries. It really gives off the feeling of being in an alien world, very different from what we're used to. It took me a rewatch before I noticed that the aliens are all pretty unique in their own way, most of them are cute.

It's a bit of a shame that you chose to do it all in one shot. I would've loved to see more of this world! Of course, THAC really limits how much you can do, so I understand that that wasn't really possible.

BertL wrote:

This is a really interesting entry. Between the music and the visuals it feels a lot more experimental or art house-like than most entries. It really gives off the feeling of being in an alien world, very different from what we're used to. It took me a rewatch before I noticed that the aliens are all pretty unique in their own way, most of them are cute.

Thanks a lot. I had a lot of fun preparing the different aliens, guessing what kind of sound they would make and then recording it. Music was also challenging for I usually play baroque pieces and a bit video game music, mostly medieval themes on my harpsichord. Therefore I really appreciate your praise.

BertL wrote:

It's a bit of a shame that you chose to do it all in one shot. I would've loved to see more of this world! Of course, THAC really limits how much you can do, so I understand that that wasn't really possible.

I chose to do this in one shot, because I really wanted it to be one shot. I also had the idea to show more of the planet, but I got really inspired from prisacs entry to THAC X and wanted to do something similar, yet different. (shorter, more action/time and a clearer and different message)