Topic: Another SOAD brick film

Directory Link

Another SOAD brick film

Link 1

First proper try, comments and advise welcome

Re: Another SOAD brick film

Pretty good although rough animation-wise, it helps that I like the song you chose. Some of the views from above angle looked awkward, (I can’t remember if it is similar to the official music video)

Yip it's pretty rough, only 4 frames/sec and I didn't lip sync the lyrics properly... Wonder how many frames/do I need to appear smooth?

Still pretty good for your first try , a good starting point is 12 or even 15 frames a second, and you will notice an instant improvement, then with practice aim towards 25 frames per second, it requires a lot of practice and even more patience but then a satisfying end result makes it all worth it , keep going  mini/smile

DNAnimation

Pretty good for your first effort! I like the shot at 2:45, it was a good idea to bring the camera down to the level of the minifigs. The lip syncing is cool too - most people don't try face animation.

Like Dave said, animating at 12-15fps is enough to get fluid movement going. One piece of advice I would give is mix up the camera angles a bit. There's some good shots in there, but shooting the whole film from the top down does get a bit repetitive. mini/smile

Thanks guys, will up my frame rates for the next one. Gonna find a way to position my phone better or need to buy a decent webcam too.