Topic: Which Nikon F to Canon EF adapters do you recommend using or avoiding?

I finally took the plunge into the land of DSLRs and purchased a Canon EOS Rebel T7. mini/smile Like many others have in the past, I will pick up some older Nikkor lenses to go with it. But while there are many threads discussing recommended lenses, I didn't find a focused discussion on adapters.

My current plan is to use Fotodiox's basic F-EF adapter, one for each Nikkor lens. It certainly seems like less of a hassle than switching a single, more expensive adapter from lens to lens (brief research indicates this is where most adapter wear and tear originates).

But maybe you think/know that's a bad idea, or prefer a different brand (there are many!). Which adapters have you used and how have they held up for you?

Re: Which Nikon F to Canon EF adapters do you recommend using or avoiding?

I have one Fotodiox adapter and two Nikkor lenses, and I just swap them. I haven't had any adapter wear and tear (though, if you use them a lot I guess I can see that being a possibility). Fotodiox brand has been great for me, that's all I've used. I've had the adapters for four or so years now and nothing's been wrong. Theres no need to get a more expensive adapter because they're all pretty much the same. Without any electronic connections, it just holds the lens in place on the front of your camera.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Thanks for the information, rioforce. I assume you mean you have the basic adapter and not the Pro version? My worry about wear stemmed from Fotodiox stating that the basic adapter could wear down after a couple years of consistent use while the Pro was built to last much longer. But of course, they're interested in selling the more expensive product when possible (no ill will toward them for it; that's just how business works).

Yeah, I've only used the basic adapters. The pros seem unnecessary. The basic is sturdy metal and seems unlikely that it'd wear down. The only wear I've seen is on my M42 mount adapter which is thinner metal than the Nikon one.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b