Topic: LEGO Western

Directory Link

LEGO Western

Youtube

A local town sheriff goes on a adventure to catch Jesse James. Special Thanks to Joseph Thoits with set building help.

Real Love is Sacrifice, a choice to Love others more then yourself and to put their needs before yours.

Re: LEGO Western

We don't see enough westerns. This did not disappoint. thanks for it.

Thank you! Really happy you like it!

Real Love is Sacrifice, a choice to Love others more then yourself and to put their needs before yours.

Where are all the comments? That was really top quality, in the fight scene for example. And I wondered if it was a special lens used in the opening shot. Also, the walking sounds were smooth and not distracting like in some other brickfilms.

Thanks for bumping this Robukka!

This is one top-notch film!
Everything about this film screams "western" yet for utilizing many of the trademark elements and visuals, it still feels fresh and fun. (A side effect of Lego westerns being somewhat rare?) The story is effective, though I almost feel like it didn't need any of the dialog and may have worked even better without it. The visuals do an excellent job of showing the story and keeping the action clear.

One of the most impressive elements are the sets. Many times, animators tend to build flat sets, or use rocks/landscape to fence the sets in. Yet, clips like 0:31 reveal just how much detail and depth you put into this film. Seriously, just how big was that set? It perfectly displayed the wide open plains. The mine set at the end, while somewhat less complicated than the opening city, had incredible lighting that completely sold the illusion of being underground in a torch-lite cave. Again, while most animators would cheat that with an obvious fill light, the cave scene honestly looked authentically lit by the torches alone.

This is fantastic work and certainly worthy of greater attention.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Thanks for bumping this Robukka!

This is one top-notch film!
Everything about this film screams "western" yet for utilizing many of the trademark elements and visuals, it still feels fresh and fun. (A side effect of Lego westerns being somewhat rare?) The story is effective, though I almost feel like it didn't need any of the dialog and may have worked even better without it. The visuals do an excellent job of showing the story and keeping the action clear.

One of the most impressive elements are the sets. Many times, animators tend to build flat sets, or use rocks/landscape to fence the sets in. Yet, clips like 0:31 reveal just how much detail and depth you put into this film. Seriously, just how big was that set? It perfectly displayed the wide open plains. The mine set at the end, while somewhat less complicated than the opening city, had incredible lighting that completely sold the illusion of being underground in a torch-lite cave. Again, while most animators would cheat that with an obvious fill light, the cave scene honestly looked authentically lit by the torches alone.

This is fantastic work and certainly worthy of greater attention.

Thanks Pritchard! I'm really glad you liked it. I do agree that the story now probably would have done better without dialogue . The sets did take a while to create and were pretty big. I did my best to create the Depth by having the focus on the Cowboys and having the landscape somewhat blurred. The mine fire had a small Led inside the under the fire, and each frame I would dim it with my dimmer and move it. Thanks for the comment!