Topic: Aftermath Episode 2.

Directory Link

Aftermath Episode 2.

Link 1

Homecoming - The crew of the Aries space craft return to earth only to find it not as they left it. John encounters a member of the facility who questions his story.

Re: Aftermath Episode 2.

Another great entry. I was glad to have been given an opportunity to voice in what is turning out to be a great series! Not to echo my thoughts on Episode 1 too much, but, again story is a high point here.

Animation is noticeably improved this time around, although, my same suggestion still applies. A lower frame-rate would certainly make those pictures last a tad longer - so you wouldn't have to resort to the odd looped 'talk cycle' and jarring frozen frames every dialogue scene or so. Again, though, with the excellent voice cast, all problems sort of melt away.

As the plot begins to quicken, more action oriented scenes feature in this one (and likely will in all installments henceforth ) which really sets this entry apart from the initial one.

Spoiler (click to read)

With our character's identity now a major plot point, his lure and betrayal to a fellow Atlas member is certainly painting a darker picture of the character... and, just like last time, I find myself reeling for a sequel.

A few animations here and there are a bit too quick (the focus on the note is like, what, 2 frames. Definitely would have appreciated that being a bit longer - I had to pause and go back just to read it.) plus, the space-ship arriving to Earth was a little past as well. Would have definitely liked a more drawn-out approach to entering Earth's atmosphere. Not that we've got to be 2001: A Space Odyssey or anything mini/tongue but a but more context would have built up the suspense of their arrival - which I think would have benefited the pacing.

Story was excellent, again. And cinematography, although plagued by a few too many 'camera pointed down at the Lego set' shots, was definitely improved from last time as well. Aside from the few sequences that were too quick, the rest of the film seems excellently paced, and a little more music definitely helps that.

Something I didn't mention last review and is another great highlight of this series is the character designs. I think it's great re-purposing those 2009 Lego Agents outfits for them, and the 2014-or-so Lego Space outfits really fit the interstellar crew. Perhaps a bit biased here, but I really liked my character's design. Matches the voice just as well as any of the others.

Thanks for letting me be a part of this series. I eagerly await Episode 3!

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

Dyland wrote:

Another great entry. I was glad to have been given an opportunity to voice in what is turning out to be a great series! Not to echo my thoughts on Episode 1 too much, but, again story is a high point here.

Animation is noticeably improved this time around, although, my same suggestion still applies. A lower frame-rate would certainly make those pictures last a tad longer - so you wouldn't have to resort to the odd looped 'talk cycle' and jarring frozen frames every dialogue scene or so. Again, though, with the excellent voice cast, all problems sort of melt away.

As the plot begins to quicken, more action oriented scenes feature in this one (and likely will in all installments henceforth ) which really sets this entry apart from the initial one.

Spoiler (click to read)

With our character's identity now a major plot point, his lure and betrayal to a fellow Atlas member is certainly painting a darker picture of the character... and, just like last time, I find myself reeling for a sequel.

A few animations here and there are a bit too quick (the focus on the note is like, what, 2 frames. Definitely would have appreciated that being a bit longer - I had to pause and go back just to read it.) plus, the space-ship arriving to Earth was a little past as well. Would have definitely liked a more drawn-out approach to entering Earth's atmosphere. Not that we've got to be 2001: A Space Odyssey or anything mini/tongue but a but more context would have built up the suspense of their arrival - which I think would have benefited the pacing.

Story was excellent, again. And cinematography, although plagued by a few too many 'camera pointed down at the Lego set' shots, was definitely improved from last time as well. Aside from the few sequences that were too quick, the rest of the film seems excellently paced, and a little more music definitely helps that.

Something I didn't mention last review and is another great highlight of this series is the character designs. I think it's great re-purposing those 2009 Lego Agents outfits for them, and the 2014-or-so Lego Space outfits really fit the interstellar crew. Perhaps a bit biased here, but I really liked my character's design. Matches the voice just as well as any of the others.

Thanks for letting me be a part of this series. I eagerly await Episode 3!

Your voice talents are a great fit to this series. Glad you are enjoying the story and I know you will enjoy what is to come.
Stay tuned.

Ooh...The plot thickens!

That ending sure ramped things up! I'm enjoying that you're focusing on the human characters and their plight, rather than just doing a  "hey look, dinos are cool" film with no story or passion. I'm looking forward to seeing where this is going, as this episode provided far more questions than answers. (In a good way!) We've got a much larger cast of characters, but thanks to the writing, it's easy to remember who is who and not get them confused.

While I find it a bit unrealistic that the space shuttle people would never have been contacted, it is a really cool idea to have them come in blind and have no idea what's going on. As I've said on your films before, each person has defining characteristics and you can feel the personality coming through. Though it's a bit strange that they seem to like lining up side-by-side, as that's not a normal position for a group of people talking.

As for a slight nit-pick, the conversation at 2:52 has far too many repetitions of the exact phrase "who you are." A couple of synonyms/rewordings would have helped it feel less scripted. I didn't notice the first time through, but watching again is revealing just how much flicker there is from 2:25-3:25. Something about that set was a bit rough on the lighting.

Keep it up! I'm excited for the next few episodes!

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Ooh...The plot thickens!

That ending sure ramped things up! I'm enjoying that you're focusing on the human characters and their plight, rather than just doing a  "hey look, dinos are cool" film with no story or passion. I'm looking forward to seeing where this is going, as this episode provided far more questions than answers. (In a good way!) We've got a much larger cast of characters, but thanks to the writing, it's easy to remember who is who and not get them confused.

While I find it a bit unrealistic that the space shuttle people would never have been contacted, it is a really cool idea to have them come in blind and have no idea what's going on. As I've said on your films before, each person has defining characteristics and you can feel the personality coming through. Though it's a bit strange that they seem to like lining up side-by-side, as that's not a normal position for a group of people talking.

As for a slight nit-pick, the conversation at 2:52 has far too many repetitions of the exact phrase "who you are." A couple of synonyms/rewordings would have helped it feel less scripted. I didn't notice the first time through, but watching again is revealing just how much flicker there is from 2:25-3:25. Something about that set was a bit rough on the lighting.

Keep it up! I'm excited for the next few episodes!

Good points as usal.
I have a bad habit lining figs up like that and will try my best to stop doing it. I like my films to feel as realistic as can be. Yeah I don't know the light flicker went spastic in that time frame hope I can correct going forward. I agree with the plight of the Aries space crew but I was aiming for in the heat of everything gong on with the dinosaurs over running society the space center control crew was more concerned in the heat of the moment in saving there butts and did not think about communicating with the crew. Thanks for the kind words a usual and excitement is the key word for what is to come.