Topic: The Job Interview A Film For BIM Past and Future contest

Directory Link

The Job Interview A Film For BIM Past and Future contest

youtube

A man goes back in time over and over again to nail a job interview.

With God All Things Are Possible ~Matthew 19:26

Re: The Job Interview A Film For BIM Past and Future contest

This is a wonderful idea.

Sure, the basic idea kinda feels like some of the shenanigans from Groundhog Day, but the idea of going back again and again to have a "perfect" conversation/interview is rife with comedic potential. While the film dipped into it at times, I think a further embrace of the wackiness and absurdity possible here would have made it even better.

Moving on, I actually think the cartoon swirl style time travel is perfect for this kind of film. Great choice. After all, like the aforementioned movie, the focus isn't on the mechanics or visuals of time-travel, it's rightly on the human interactions and comedic happenings.

While the film handled the two situations well, I really think it would have benefited from more retries. I think at least one more question/ time travel response would have helped before the end.

This was one of the most humorous entries in the contest. 
Thanks for letting me be part of it.

No problem you did great mini/lol

Pritchard Studios wrote:

This is a wonderful idea.

Sure, the basic idea kinda feels like some of the shenanigans from Groundhog Day, but the idea of going back again and again to have a "perfect" conversation/interview is rife with comedic potential. While the film dipped into it at times, I think a further embrace of the wackiness and absurdity possible here would have made it even better.

Moving on, I actually think the cartoon swirl style time travel is perfect for this kind of film. Great choice. After all, like the aforementioned movie, the focus isn't on the mechanics or visuals of time-travel, it's rightly on the human interactions and comedic happenings.

While the film handled the two situations well, I really think it would have benefited from more retries. I think at least one more question/ time travel response would have helped before the end.

Thanks! I probably should've added more since I had another week till the contest ended but, I didn't think about that. And I agree it dips down a lot in animation and stuff. I have ALOT to improve. mini/tongue

Good comedy and nice special effect. Some of the animation did feel rushed but it fits the humorous tone just fine.

Spoiler (click to read)

i found it a sweet touch to the script the way he was perpetually late for this interview,
when at one point he had all of five years to prepare mini/yes

Robukka wrote:

Good comedy and nice special effect. Some of the animation did feel rushed but it fits the humorous tone just fine.

Spoiler (click to read)

i found it a sweet touch to the script the way he was perpetually late for this interview,
when at one point he had all of five years to prepare mini/yes

Thanks mini/lol